2006 CBR900F 919 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2017, 8:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2006 CBR900F 919

I need some help. I have a 919 that my son reversed battery in the bike. I have went through everything i can think of. The bike ran fine has 1700 miles on it. The main fuse did not blow, the 10 amp bank angle fuse blew. He thought he could fix it and gave up. I finally am on it. I assumed the CDI was fried even though the main fuse didn't blow, I bought a used CDI and just installed it, also took the power commander off. The thing will turn over, everything works but no spark. I have checked every connection and relay. I can find no singed or burnt wiring, everything looks fine. I have noticed two things. The neutral light doesn't come on and the first of three relays under the seat, (there is a fourth relay for turn signals) does not click when I turn the key. So I swapped the first and the third relays. First one, which was just swapped, still does not click, First one being the one towards the front of the bike. I am horrible at wiring diagrams and don't have one for the 919. I figure the 929 has the same set up but the relays are located in different areas. The tip over switch appears to be fine when you move it from side to side. Bike turns over lights come, everything seems to work fine. No Spark, any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-25-2017, 2:29 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage
Re: 2006 CBR900F 919

Hi , can you check out the Light green wire that runs from the 2pin connector to the neutral switch and make sure that is intact and connected, from there it runs to the clutch diode, and on to the clutch lever switch, check for continuity by undoing the 2 pin plug and testing with multimeter between the Light green wire and earth when the transmission is in neutral and no continuity when in gear, think its the CB900 hornet here , at least that's what I'm checking

Last edited by MrPickwick; 07-25-2017 at 4:19 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-25-2017, 9:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: 2006 CBR900F 919

Soon as I get in garage. I'll check this. Sound right since I am not getting a neutral light. Thanks, I'll let you know. Really Thanks! Hoping.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page