random delayed throttle response at speed - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

5Likes
  • 1 Post By MrPickwick
  • 1 Post By Jim16
  • 1 Post By IanDoohan
  • 1 Post By Jim16
  • 1 Post By MrPickwick

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-21-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

random delayed throttle response at speed

hello all
on my '96 which otherwise works just fine, I noticed that if high going at speeds above (around)130 kph, if I let go off the throttle for a short while (for instance when reaching other vehicules in front of me), and then roll it back to get some acceleration (for instance after having set a new trajectory avoiding said vehicles and resuming acceleration) , it has a small delay, as if the engine wasn't getting the right mixture.I does that for a short instant and then regains its normal acceleration, just like a short cough.
It happens on the highway, when the general speed is kept above 100 kph and more.I haven't noticed that on slower roads with more difference between max and min speeds.
What could be the most probable cause?
I don't know in what shape the air filters are, but if they were dirty or if it was a bigger problem, wouldn't the delay in throttle happen at all revs?

thank you !

Last edited by Jim16; 08-21-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-21-2017, 1:00 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage
Re: random delayed throttle response at speed

Hi could you say what jet sizes you have, and have you put a dyno kit on
IanDoohan likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-21-2017, 2:59 PM Thread Starter

I don't know, I will have to parse through the bike's paperwork...
MrPickwick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-21-2017, 3:10 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

I can't remember, but I know you posted a picture of your RR, all red, correct?

What exhaust pipe and air filter are you running?

If you have some sort of aftermarket exhaust and air cleaner with no jet kit, that ma be the issue.

These bikes can be sensative with fueling when you start changing things around. Let us know, as well as jet sizes/needle position when you get the time.
MrPickwick likes this.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #5 of 8 Old 08-21-2017, 4:49 PM Thread Starter

indeed, it's the red bike and it has a custom pipe.
the whole exhaust line is custom, the cartridge is a devil. hold on I'll find the info for the carbs ...brb
IanDoohan likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-23-2017, 6:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm having the same problem with my 99. It coughs at 5k RPM in the upper three gears. I've tried a multitude of things to try and correct this, but it still persists. I have a full Akropovic exhaust with 122s for the jets. I replaced the plugs and threw on a new OEM air filter because I've read these bikes don't like the K&N's. I rejetted with 118s but that was too rich. Also tested the TPS with a multimeter and it was fine. The fuel filter is clean and there isn't any junk in the lines. I ordered a new ECU and am hoping that will fix the problem once it comes in. I'll let you know if that fixes mine and am open to any suggestions others may have.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-24-2017, 4:15 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jergernaut View Post
I'm having the same problem with my 99. It coughs at 5k RPM in the upper three gears. I've tried a multitude of things to try and correct this, but it still persists. I have a full Akropovic exhaust with 122s for the jets. I replaced the plugs and threw on a new OEM air filter because I've read these bikes don't like the K&N's. I rejetted with 118s but that was too rich. Also tested the TPS with a multimeter and it was fine. The fuel filter is clean and there isn't any junk in the lines. I ordered a new ECU and am hoping that will fix the problem once it comes in. I'll let you know if that fixes mine and am open to any suggestions others may have.
what colour are the plugs after a goodish run, and at what throttle position does this happen, have you got clips on the needle for adjustment, Stock size for jets is 120
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...ets-900rr.html
Attached Thumbnails
Carb jetting chart.JPG‎  
IanDoohan likes this.

Last edited by MrPickwick; 08-25-2017 at 5:45 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-24-2017, 2:04 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jergernaut View Post
Hi, as a suggestion, I would repost this (copy and paste) into your own thread, no disrespect, but this is a thread created by Jim16 for a specific problem he is having.

I just don't want to see this thread getting clogged up with answers to both questions.

I'll be happy to offer suggestions to your thread when I see it.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page