Engine stops after going high RPM - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By unslow1
  • 1 Post By unslow1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 09-11-2017, 7:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Engine stops after going high RPM

Dears
Kindly need your support to advice me as I have 954 2003 and I just changed the fuel pressure regulator after that I tried out my bike and I found out something which is when I go with high RPMS the motor shut down but all the lights of my bike still working normally here what happen when it stops while I'm on high speed the red light on the odometer turn on and off and my heat sensor turns to Fahrenheit automatically like if it's reset it self and if it stops I can't run it again till I give it some gaz while starting engine, so please need your precious advice as most of mechanics here are idiots any help will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 1:42 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

Re: Engine stops after going high RPM

For the sake of a rapid response, check your oil level. It's possible you're having low oil pressure, and the machine is "protecting" itself and shutting down.

Otherwise, my advice is to (while the red MIL is illuminated) perform the selfi-disgnosis test as per the Service Manual (for sale on multiple locations and downloadable for free), and let us know what codes it "tells" you (my guess is either 34 and/or 35)

Best of luck and keep us posted

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 7:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Garage

What was the reason you change the fuel pressure reg? The spec sheet I found says the injectors need a constant 50psi. If the fuel pump is weak or the pressure reg is malfunctioning it will not reach 50psi. Or at high rpm maintain 50psi. Depends on how bad the malfunction is on what it would do from cutting out to loss of power. I have experienced surging at high rpm with a weak fuel pump. So I would check fuel pressure on the fuel rail at all rpm's. Of course do the basic check of all electrical connectors as well vibrations at high rpm could cause issues. This is just a start many other things it could be but I try to check around the new part I added especially if I did not have a problem before I installed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 09-13-2017, 12:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

Good advice by the other two...

I would additionally perform a fuel pump flow/volume test (the procedure is in the official workshop manual IIRC) to ensure it's healthy.

A fuel injector flow test isn't a bad idea either (obviously check for stored MIL codes first before tearing into anything).

G'luck !

-'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
-'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC-51

-'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR
(sold)
-'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold)
post #5 of 14 Old 09-13-2017, 3:15 AM Thread Starter

Guys I changed the fuel pressure regulator cus it was leaking gas, but u know when I'm riding the power it self stops to motor not the hall bike my lights are on and If I stopped I can't start engine until I give some gas while doing the ignition start and that never happen with low RPMS while riding throw traffic, I just changed the oil BTW and I bought 4 liters of motor oil but the mechanic put only 3 he told me that is enough so may be the lvl itself of the oil is low but the temperature never go any higher than 90 if that would give you a full pic of what I'm facing, please unslow1 can u send me any video of how I do the checking which u referred to as I never done that before as all mechanics here in Egypt are idiots.
post #6 of 14 Old 09-13-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

please unslow1 can u send me any video of how I do the checking which u referred to as I never done that before as all mechanics here in Egypt are idiots. and thx I think that is the reason u know I have felling
post #7 of 14 Old 09-13-2017, 3:33 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

@Maged

click this link https://www.google.com/search?q=954+...71.APmuf3yk9Mo

then download the manual that you deisre.
it's FREE, and the procedure is laid out step-by-step
MrPickwick likes this.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Last edited by unslow1; 09-13-2017 at 3:38 PM.
post #8 of 14 Old 09-14-2017, 4:17 AM Thread Starter

@unslow1
I really checked that but it's really hard to handle it as it's all about how to open stuff I checked TS part I will check oil lvl and will send pic of it but I have changed my rectifier before dunno but u know man the engine shut down totally after I give a lot of gas may be it's the new fuel pressure regulator ? I dunno man I'm so ****ed up man I didn't ride it that much and I almost changed every thing :S
post #9 of 14 Old 09-14-2017, 9:05 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maged View Post
I really checked that but it's really hard to handle it as it's all about how to open stuff
I don't know what that means

Quote:
I checked TS part
I don't know what that is

Quote:
I will check oil lvl and will send pic of it
no need to do that. ensure the bike is vertical (not on sidestand) and if the level is "between the lines" you're fine

Quote:
but I have changed my rectifier before dunno but u know man the engine shut down totally after I give a lot of gas may be it's the new fuel pressure regulator ? I dunno man I'm so ****ed up man I didn't ride it that much and I almost changed every thing :S
there is A LOT to change... you're SURELY far from "everything". get your codes, then update the thread. we're here to to help, but I can't do it for ya

post #10 of 14 Old 09-14-2017, 1:15 PM Thread Starter

Soz mate for my abbreviations first one means that I can handle that Service Manual as it contain a lot of stuff man, and about the TS it means troubleshooting, I think I will go to the mechanic since that would be waist of time to check all that service Manual.
post #11 of 14 Old 09-14-2017, 3:12 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

just check the Electronic Fuel Injection chapter. it'll tell you exactly where to look for the connector, how to "jump" it, and how to read the codes. HECK! it'll even tell you how to decypher the codes as well.

Last edited by unslow1; 09-14-2017 at 3:13 PM. Reason: spelling
post #12 of 14 Old 09-15-2017, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

soz bro I really do appreciate your aid but I checked that part and it's only show numbers and weight of each part of the bike it's like a description of each part there are no way to check specific issue with that or excuse my idiotic how that should help finding my issue that need tools to measure all these stuff.
post #13 of 14 Old 09-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

I can only lead you to water...

Zero tools. There is a section that gives you directions (with a short piece of wire) how to "jump" the Self-Diagnosis Test connector (black) under the seat. It also gives the reader a table of codes with corresponding "blinks" to pinpoint troubleshooting efforts.

Additionally, the Service Manual gives directions how to "reset" the aforementioned codes.

I'm not trying to be a D*CK here, but if an owner is unable to read the manual, locate one connector (again, under the seat), and follow step-by-step instructions to obtain MIL codes, I highly recommend that owner takes his/her machine to a Honda Certified technician and pay them to properly make the appropriate repairs.

_un1 out.
MrPickwick likes this.

post #14 of 14 Old 09-16-2017, 7:54 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I would do that but I'm kinda broke so I just want to do it my self at least to know the issue as I went to the mechanic that I used to deal with him but he told me I can't dater mine the issue and he told me that issue is new and one more thing when I give gaze the bike it self not aggressive as it used to be like i used to just give little gas and it goes insane but now it's not specially I use power commander, I will check again the service manual.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page