Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Honda cbr954rr wont idle when cold

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Dempsey14 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a 2003 cbr954rr that will not idle when cold. Starting the bike requires throttle input and then you have to hold the throttle to keep the bike running until it warms up (5-10 minutes of riding). The bike has a full Arata exhaust system and power commander 3r so I'm wondering if the issue is related to those items. I took the bike to the local honda dealership and they said the issue was due to a "aftermarket carbon fiber airbox" which I looked up and could not find anything available online so I'm not sure how that could be related. It also makes me wonder why the bike runs so well at all other rpm ranges if the fuel air mixture is off because of the airbox. I know there is an idle adjust screw but dont know If I should try that. Let me know what you all think I would greatly appreciate it!

#8 · (Edited)
If you look at the Wax unit you will generally see white paint on the setting nuts, as this is factory set, maybe the dealer you took it to could reset it ,as it seems the heat isnt affecting the workings of the unit, could be a blockage in the pipe affecting the opening and closing (when cold )of the unit, check out page 5-77 of your manual for correct operation of the starter valves

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.