Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Chinese fairing kits.

10K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  jonnymad 
#1 · (Edited)
Fraudulant Chinese fairings.Beware don't buy from these guys on ebay. They claim they are injection molded in large print but they are actually very shitty compression molded junk with hand attached mounting holes miss drilled or missing holes. I have a Chinese injection molded fairing on another bike that is perfect fit and really injection molded but these guys are just straight out liars.They offered me a refund as long as I pay for return shipping which is more than the fairings worth !
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fairing...rentrq:cadbe54d1640a99b9d27a50efff59d36|iid:1

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
TubeHead

Thanks for sharing and this is bad for sure, I was looking into Fairings from China myself and decided against it based on my painters experience saying they are sh*t, fragile and incorrect plus feedback from others. That left me with 2 options.

1 - buy used fairing parts on ebay and restore (as you know they would fit) + time/money to restore/paint etc
2 - Painter recommended these guys (said he has done hundreds of them with no issue and they are good quality) SharkSkinz, SharkSkinz Bodywork, SharkSkinz Bodies, SharkSkins, Shark Skinz Bodywork, shark skins bodies, sharkskins plastic. I have a SC28 (93 model) and if you scroll down on that page there is a section for the bike with street and racing fairings. I contacted them yesterday checking on availability and fitting (OEM style) and waiting to hear back from them.

I will post info on the reply to help others as well, if this does not work out I will be back to ebay buying used parts and restoring them

Shrek

#3 ·
anything you can do through paypal? if it says injection molded on their add and they're clearly not, the item isn't as advertised and you should get your refund. be sure to leave a negative review.

also, this is why i'm super leery of buying from ebay. i guess you can get the same chinese crap on amazon though.

#5 ·
i was genuinely impressed with the fairing i purchased from auctmarts. very close to oem quality. the plastic quality is great, similar flexibility and general feel of the oem. the fit was close as well, if the oem were a 10, id give the auctmarts an 8.5 i had to modify a couple holes, but only slightly. i didnt have any trouble getting them lined up and installed. the paint was a dead ringer on color for my 954 against the tank. the paint was a little rough on the edges. certainly not as good as oem in that respect, but mine didnt have any common paint defects like runs or orange peel.

id recommend them.

and as far as the op's situation. id open a dispute with ebay sighting "item not as described," you paid for injection molded fairings and those are most certainly compression molded.

thats what ebay's buyer protection is all about. i wouldnt accept anything less.

#6 ·
Ian - did you have to modify them at all or drill the mounting holes yourself? They are not cheap and still considering do I buy good condition used originals and use them as a base. To be honest a little confused here but 100% discounted the Chinese stuff as so hard to find injection molds for a SC28 with to many bad stories on quality.

Confused for sure......

#7 ·
Didn’t have to modify any for the 93. It came with the cut out for the tail light and mounting holes.

The race plastic I’m gonna guess would need to be drilled and fit. I bought it already mounted, but I would guess that the “street” versions would be pre drilled. That’s a question someone else or Sharkskinz can answer.

#9 ·
They offered me $100 refund and keep the fairing as the small print say's buyer to pay return shipping on refunded items.That was going to cost me $180 so I will just take the refund and take my time trying to get it to fit.
I am no stranger to this as I have fitted Chinese fairings to a lot of my bikes to save the factory plastics but this particular kit is the crappiest I have ever seen absolutely nothing lines up and it will take 2 days to fit as every single hole will need attention and the whole fairing requires a "best horrible fit" approach.I have done a pretty comprehensive web search and I am pretty sure there is no injection moulded kit for the round headlight bikes all are compression moulded.
A set of dies for injection moulding would cost huge money to make.
So I will post up some photo's once it is all on and see what original vs Chinese looks like.

This is what I am up against!Files and Dremel compulsory

Attachments

#12 ·
An EBay company got me as well with that same scam. They told me injected molded and I got compress molded crap... EBay couldn't do anything for me. They wanted me to send it back before I was refunded. What the point if you will spend more than half the expense to ship it back. They also gave me $100 refund and I did my best to make it work. Since I discovered Auctmarts, that is the only company I will by from

#13 ·
It took 12 hours to fit this fairing verse 45 minutes to fit the original partly because I refused to bend or damage any original component to fit this crappy fairing on my low mileage bike.The mounting hole misalignment was just plain laughable and I did some pretty horrible things to it to get it to fit.I have an equally cheap grahics kit I will fit tomorrow and post up some final pics.
At least now I can ride the blade without worrying about some idiot knocking it over or the odd bump or scratch happening.
It looks ok if your 10 feet away and don't look to hard.

Attachments

#16 ·
Thanks for positive comments guys.
Here is the final pics with the graphics the best shot is in front of my truck which is also the best distance to view these compression moulded fairing kits.

Anyone in the future who decides to fit one of these feel free to pick my brain as by the time I finished fitting it I knew how to do it.:smile

Attachments

#19 ·
bit of a gamble really, there are a lot of various sellers selling kits through aliexpress. ive only ever bought one kit, through auctmarts site directly. there is a 20$ off coupon "auctmarts."

ill say if i ever need another set thats where ill buy them. they werent perfect, but the fit was pretty much as good as oem. good plastic quality. ive had mine on for a year and a half or more and they are holding up well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.