CBR 900RR Info - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By IanDoohan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-13-2019, 8:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

CBR 900RR Info

Hi
I,m looking into buying a 1992 900 RR model next week with 56000KM, its a Jap import rather than a U.K import , Apart from the KM and not Miles on the clock does anyone know what other differences there are between the two versions and anything specific I should be looking for or rather not hoping to find.
Cheers
Daz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2019, 5:59 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 101

Garage
Re: CBR 900RR Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermotodaz View Post
Hi
I,m looking into buying a 1992 900 RR model next week with 56000KM, its a Jap import rather than a U.K import , Apart from the KM and not Miles on the clock does anyone know what other differences there are between the two versions and anything specific I should be looking for or rather not hoping to find.
Cheers
Daz
Shouldn't be anything different. Being a 92 model (the US didn't get a 92 specifically, we got a 93), it should have no difference to any 92 model or 93 model that was originally produced.

No front compression damping, cable operated speedo, duel glass round headlights, square idiot light pod, fuel pump, and no shift linkage (solid lever to the shift shaft).

You'll love it.
Gunk and nigelrb like this.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #3 of 3 Old 06-14-2019, 1:57 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Garage
Re: CBR 900RR Info

I’m pretty sure that the Japanese Domestic Market version is the same as the European version, there no power restrictions on the 900. Rear mudguard and numberplate mount may be slightly different but that about it, Only the US had different colour schemes and different model years.

The Japanese stuff coming in to UK is really good, they seem very clean, unmodified and original, there is an imported Yamaha R6 for sale which I’m very tempted with at the moment.

1993 CBR900 RR P
1994 CBR900 RR R Urban Tiger Project (now sold)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page