I give up NEED HELP crank no spark - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

3Likes
  • 2 Post By machinehead
  • 1 Post By Nouf919

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-18-2019, 3:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

I give up NEED HELP crank no spark

I own 02 954 ,bike ran excellent one touch it start . long story short sat for a year .I try to start it not happening so after I read all the Threads about no start I bought new battery ,new clutch dioud, new starter relay with 30A fus , after all that tested the ignition pulse generator I was getting .2 V , ok so got a used one I got .4V . still crank no start , just to clarify with the gas tank on I can hear my fuel pump running , so my stop & run swiech good < N green light comes on. so any have any Idea where to go from there ? is the used ignition pulse generator bad , or I'm missing something pls need help thank you

Last edited by Nouf919; 06-18-2019 at 4:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-24-2019, 8:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: I give up NEED HELP crank no spark

hi,

just read your other post re cam sensor. I see its a 954, similar to the 929 I have. If the pump primes then the crank sensor is putting out a pulse so probably rule that out.

There is an ignition relay under the seat that sends power to the coils and the injectors on the black/white wires. The ECU earths the coils/injectors to trigger them. If you have power to the injectors then the relay is ok. If not check the relay and fuses.

Now, the black/white wire with power goes in to the wiring loom from the relay. In the loam is a joiner that links all the blank/white wires together. Separately it joins lots of earths together too.
Have a look at this thread in particular Post 14 which show the offending joiner.

Link

this may be your problem! I am hoping this has sorted mine out after a lot of chasing around, changing sensors, etc, to no effect!!

I am going to dispense with the joiner completely but soldering all teh black/white wires together and heat-shrinking the joint, and do the same with the earths too for good measure.

Hope this helps!
BigdaddyPaz and nigelrb like this.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-25-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Good morning .thank so much for the replay , update . I'm starting from day one & I try to make it short & complicated lol. when I hooked the wiris the first time I had a melt down the 2 wires for the clutch diode , so took the w/harness & replaced every wire was affected by the short in the proper way . so I replace the diode starter relay w/30A ,replace the IPG . after all that I plage the w/ H back & now my fan is running constantly I have no fire still & getting 12.3 V from the negative side , so I found out when unplugged the gary condition off the ECM short is gone . yesterday I bought wiring harness & ECM thinking this is it ....wrong .I got the same results the short is still there my fan come on constantly I don't know what else to do ?????? p.s new battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-25-2019, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0705.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	94092

Name:	IMG_0706.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	94094

Name:	IMG_0707.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	94096
Hi first pic , Is that the b/w wire you referring to? I get nothing as far as voltage, during cranking . Am I supposed to get volt reading ? there is continuity between the b/w wires the ones that going in & out the realy. threed pics is the voltage that Im getting from the (-) post on the battery & ground on the bike , & I have continuity between + & - . please HELP
post #5 of 6 Old 06-26-2019, 7:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

The black/white wire should have battery volts (+12ish) which the ignition and kill switch turn on and to run. No need to crank, it should have power

The relay you show i think is the fuel cut off as it has 2x black/white going to it.

The main engine stop relay has r/w from the 20a fuse power in, and black/white out which will have 12v when the relay operates (with ignition switch and Run on, and the relay switches via r/o (bas) and bl (kill switch) wires).
post #6 of 6 Old 06-26-2019, 8:34 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the tips , Ok finally I got the bike running , It was my bad I plugged in the new w/harness with new ECM cuz of excitement ,I forgot to concat the growns so I had no fire , some time its good to just walk away & come back . But my fan is still comes on constantly , is that cuz I have bad tp sensor ?? , & running rough hard to start . I had some lack of quick response on the throttle a year ago when I was riding it . the guy that I bought it from removed the servo & disconnected the ecumletre from the exhaust, & the co2 sensor. he modify his exhaust with a short one but didn't do it the right way . Q: What is the least expensive fix for that problem??? I have seen to many fuel delivery product some are $50 too dyno jets $550. I just need the bike run smooth I dont need power it has enf power just the way it is . any tips & thank you
nigelrb likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page