Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Pillion peg delete for stock muffler location

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Duncan893 
#1 ·
Can’t locate one but figured I’d ask if there is a pillion peg delete available out there for a ‘92-‘99 blade that supports the mount for the stock muffler location. eBay photo link below for part clarification. If not I’ll buy a used part, grind off the peg mount, and polish it. Thx for any leads.

https://ebay.us/FMMXz9

#6 ·
Cheers. It was quite quick too. I'm old school and used hacksaw and files and then wet and dry.

If you have a good collection of power tools, you'll romp it in!:smile

(I scored a pair of mounts off ebay with super cheap offer so that allowed me to keep my original in tact.)

#8 ·
I was looking at this recently, pj900rr.

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Exhaust_Hangers/Honda/CBR900_Fireblade/EH0007SI/

I prefer getting an original hanger from eBay and making the mods discussed above. One of the hangers I bought exhibited minor porosity under one of the cut off peg lugs, so it needed an artful drilling. All in all, it's a quick and very satisfying job.

Here in the UK, I have had a finger-wagging at BlackBird MOT time for having a pillion seat, but no pillion footpegs! Clearly the assumption is that we have no common sense? A BlackBird pillion without pegs must be like rodeo riding an angry bull ...... Ah, yes. That might appeal to some people.

NigelRB has done the job properly on his 929RR by replacing the pillion seat. Nice Job, Nigel!

#9 ·
. . .

Here in the UK, I have had a finger-wagging at BlackBird MOT time for having a pillion seat, but no pillion footpegs! Clearly the assumption is that we have no common sense?
I exploited that law recently by covering the seat pad with carbon wrap. (Note that there is no finese in the job; it was merely for a purpose) Technically, it is not then a seat, but a decorative tail piece. Then got my MoT from my local centre and removed the wrap on arriving home!:grin:grin

Attachments

#10 ·
Unbelievable, but, entirely believable, Nigel.

On a similar theme, similar solution: A friend has a 'track bike', for which we are looking to get a Daylight-only MOT. We want a brake light, for safety. However, the suggestion is that if we have any form of rear light it needs to operate as a (night) light, and then we need a number-plate light etc etc etc .... However, if, for the MOT, the brake-light is covered (by duct tape), it will pass ...... and then we can take it off. Awesome.

I'm not quite sure why I cannot say "Scout's honour: I will not take a pillion on the back because there are no pegs and it would be bl**dy silly" and have that be the end of it ....... I guess that they are taking into consideration that I might meet Angelina Jolie, who needs a lift, and I'm going to say "Sure, jump on and hang on".

#11 ·
.... I guess that they are taking into consideration that I might meet Angelina Jolie, who needs a lift, and I'm going to say "Sure, jump on and hang on".
You must get with the times, Duncan. Angelina is old hat.

I just hang around ITV studious waiting for Amber to get dumped from Love Island:grin:grin

[For international members, Love Island is a somewhat ridiculous 'dating show' run in the old Survivor theme of the public vote ejecting the least popular each week. Some might see it as a bit of a perv, but a mature gentleman like myself sees it as an excursion into studying psychological profiles of the younger generation]:smile:wink

#12 ·
Hah! A fair point that's seems to be made quite often, Nigel !

The case for the Defence is that:

- Angelina is very appealing and one of us - A Motorcyclist - who wouldn't upset the handling!

- Now, does your anthropological study subject - Amber - have a motorcycle licence and a yen for 2 wheels?

I am resisting doing a Google search for "Amber Love Island" ....... I haven't quite got over a mis-typed search for "front fork bush".

#13 ·
I am resisting doing a Google search for "Amber Love Island" ....... I haven't quite got over a mis-typed search for "front fork bush".
Not sure if pj900rr is finding this slight 'diversion' informative, but to answer the previous, I use 'Bing' rather than Google,and did end up with the 'front fork bush' with the added sidebar of suggested lubricants. Like they say, 'A bird in the hand . . . :grin

#15 ·
Angelina is eternally gorgeous! Dunno what the Nigel bloke is talkin’ about. ;))

It is mind boggling the physical and mechanical inspections you folks must go through with your MOTs in the UK and maybe other parts of Europe. Sounds awful. I’m not even sure if any state in the US has similar headaches. Out west in the US there is no inspection for motorcycles nor does it even need an emissions inspection.

#16 ·
It is fair enough to say it is for safety reasons, but much of it is no more than an annual money grab.

The biggest joke is this:
Mandatory direction indicators must have minimum separation distances between the illuminating surfaces of:

solo motorcycles – 240mm at the front and 180mm at the rear

Some new motorcycles (Honda Grom/MSX 125) does not even meet the rear requirement from new! Many of us eventually find a favoured tester who might be prepared to show a little 'discretion' over the minor points.

#17 ·
eBay: £15 delivered (almost $15 at today's exchange rates) ....... and ....... after cutting/filing/emery-ing.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with the slot, nor what the final finish will be, but, my exhaust hanger bracket is coming along.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.