954RR, no spark - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-22-2019, 8:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954RR, no spark

Okay so yesterday I had no power to the fuel pump...plus lots of other little anomalies. I decided to pull off the wiring harness I was using and swap another one over and now everything works...except now I got no spark. Fuel pump is priming. Injectors are firing (you can smell it). The engine ran the day before I tore it all down. But now I got no spark. As best I can tell everything is plugged in (pulse generator and cam sensor). The tip sensor has been bypassed (red wire to ground). I have tried two kill switch assemblies (both known working). I have tried two key switch assemblies (one known working, one I'm pretty sure works).

Where should I start here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2019, 2:29 PM Thread Starter

Re: 954RR, no spark

Found it...didn't realize that the harness for the coils looped around the head and back to the main harness.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-22-2019, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makenzie71 View Post
Found it...didn't realize that the harness for the coils looped around the head and back to the main harness.
So what was the actual reason? Some connector?
I'm having the same problem with my 954...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-22-2019, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, fortunately for me it was just a connector I missed when I swapped harnesses. Off the left side of the head there's a red single conductor plug and then a white (or black I can't recall) four conductor plug. The red one goes to a red plug on the main harness and the white one goes to a plug dangling off the PCM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page