Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Engine Finish Poor, help please

669 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  IanDoohan 
#1 ·
Heya guys, looking for some advice on what this scaling could be and how to remedy it. It's on a bike I'm thinking of buying and doing a light restore on. The previous owner to current put clear over the top, no idea why it doesn't help. Is this normal ally oxidizing? what is the remedy? I assume sand back and polish with autosol or similar?

Thanks in anticipation team

Cheers

Glenn

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Not gonna lie, that looks REALLY BAD. I've never seen an engine that bad. I have taken engines out and hit them with a wire brush on a cordless drill. Both came out superior in my humble opinion. a 93 and a 99. I then painted them with VHT Engine block paint. To do it right and have a job to be proud of afterwards, its worth it to do it right. I brushed, cleaned (with brake cleaner), brushed, cleaned again, primed two coats, painted 2 coats, and cleared 2 coats. Years later and some fuel spill on them still look the treat :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.