Low oil pressure rebuild headgasket? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-03-2019, 8:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Low oil pressure rebuild headgasket?

I've got a rebuild 954 with three thousand miles on it torn down right now because of low oil pressure I've heard somewhere that some aftermarket head gaskets will block the oil passages. I've got hairline scratches on my bearings,crankshaft ,rods,and camshaft so I'm thinking dirt,plus this little jet looking thing was clogged up.oil pump and strainers brand new.any imput out there
Attached Thumbnails
20190903_185849_1567555075299.jpg‎   15675553882104823832622814361690_1567555415540.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-04-2019, 6:59 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage
Re: Low oil pressure rebuild headgasket?

That looks like an OEM head gasket. For a low pressure condition, I would imagine the small dowel insert would not be the problem as that sends oil up to the head, and if it were clogged would create a high pressure condition, no?

If the pump is good, I would suspect the pressure relief valve is bad. The oil pressure switch I believe is in the main oil galley, which would be fed high pressure oil (relatively speaking) from the pump, unless the pressure relief valve is dumping the oil for some reason (either damaged or from a high pressure situation). I don't know how to test it out of the bike.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in