Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Cbr 954rr-attention fireblade friends- need help

979 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Duncan893 
#1 ·
My bike won't stay running unless I fource air down the crank case vent tube. Shows codes 1,2,7 &8. Sparks are good,par valve disconnected, servo ,air flapper and exhaust valve removed. Wont rev up- barely stutters-???

#3 ·
Actually asking for my husband- he said he forced the air in the tube just for the he'll of it, used his compressor and it DID sound way better. He thinks he knows why now (trying to remember what he said) he needs to remove bolts and reeds on par system and block something off so it gets air- sorry if I phrased anything wrong. He's been trying to get the thing running for a couple years now, one problem after another. Trying to figure out if all the hoses are correct- vacuum, air,coolant hoses to the wax unit etc.

#7 ·
I don't want to seem a wise ass, but there comes a time when we must bite the bullet and take our bike to a decent workshop. My feeling is that if we cannot solve a problem after a few online tips, well, it must be beyond us and therefore time an experienced technician to step in. Sure, budgets can be restrictive, but a small cash outlay can compensate for hours of stress and non-riding.:wink

#8 ·
Ouch haha you're right. Worked on my buddy's Shadow for maybe 2 days straight. I made it a skeleton and brought it back; fixed nothing. Twice.

Even the shop has been at it twice.

Sometimes you gotta try two shops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.