Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2003 honda cbr 954rr wont start

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Superkaamio 
#1 ·
my cbr 954rr wont start, tried changing everything including the ecu but it will crank but wont completely start...... Please help....

#6 ·
I'll begin this by saying "Complete Twat" and that refers to me. Wheeled my 954 out and it wouldn't start. I'd lent it to its original owner as a 'no-bike' therapy favour. It just went click when I hit the starter. Put it in gear. Rocked it. Tried again. Nothing. Put it back in the garage and got out the VStrom and hit the 60 miles to Robin Hood's Bay from York.
Got back, had a think. The bloody engine kill switch had been flipped to off when he brought it back !@$£!@.
Any help - or are you as dumb as me?

#8 ·
#12 ·

Happened when I rode a rented 250 Honda XL round Cambodia. Took it with me on the boat to Siam Riep.
When the lads put it on, or took it off the kill switch got flicked. Much unhappiness watching the touristos cruise away in their transport as I scratched my head on the muddy bank.
You do feel a complete idiot when you realise. But relief!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.