Power Bronze Rear Huggers? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-05-2003, 2:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Power Bronze Rear Huggers?

Pastarocket just emailed me this. Was wondering if anyone else has one of these fenders, and what they think, especially when it comes to color match. They are only $105 for the 929, and they have that wrap around look that I think looks schweet! Here is the Link, it is through Streetfighters.

Powebronze Hugger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-06-2003, 9:11 AM

Most of PB's stuff comes at a good price but isn't the best fit/finish.

Jenn had a 2k1 SV650S. Got a set of PB lowers for her. Had to do a bunch of work with the mounts to get them to bolt on and, even then, they were never even (the gap between the lower and upper on the right side was more then 1/2 an inch larger then on the left side of the bike).

They do put a lot of extra 'play room' on the tabs and things, so that there isn't an obvious error, but it still stood out.

This looks like the 954 hugger they offer:

Look around the top of the swingarm. The large square tab on the hugger doesn't match up with the rounded part of the bracing.

This could be a nice hugger but you're gonna have to do some work. And, like most PB huggers, it's rather bulky looking, not sleek.

PB is a good company, and do work well with their customers. As I said, I've dealt with them a few times, mostly for SV parts and such, and have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. That said, the plastic it self needs some work to look perfect once on the bike.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-06-2003, 1:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-06-2003, 10:46 PM

Quote:
RedRocker : Thanks for the advice
No problem. If you're interested in getting some of there stuff try calling chris over at Indy Superbikes. His customer service is kick ass and he won't steer you wrong.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-06-2003, 11:02 PM

BTW, this is the Hotbodies hugger for the 929. *It costs a bit more ($170 paint matched) but it looks a lot cleaner:

And next is the Pyramid Hugger over on David Corks site. *$135 in black and, I think, $145 painted, $160 in CF. *IMO, it's the best looking one I've seen on a 929.

post #6 of 6 Old 06-07-2003, 11:48 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via Yahoo to itsdesignateddave

I don't know if anyone cares , but I have a pyramid that I got a while ago on e-bay, I will have to check where, but they were only $75 when I bought it. The picture isn't a close up, but it does wonders for the overall looks of filling in the space. The only thing I worry about is that there is less than an 1/8 of an inch clearance between the tire and the fender. I haven't seen any others that are that close to the tire. I donno I have michelin pilot sports, maybe they are just a hair larger??

David

Dave

From the land of Dorothy & Toto

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page