My girl was hit by a drunk cager last night. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 6:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to firedawgon929
Re: My girl was hit by a drunk cager last night.

I'll just start off that she's ok, a couple swollen knees and some rash on her back, still a little shaken and mostly pissed about her bike, but she's fine.

Yesterday I rode down to Pleasant Hill to pick up Melissa to take her to pick up her bike from the shop in Davis. The first time I've seen her that happy. She headed back to P Hill to go to work and I headed back up here to Travis. About 9:30 or so, my dumba$$ decides to go check out a party in South Bay. So I call Melissa to see if she wants to go, of course she says yes (she just got her bike back for gooness sake), so I start the 40 miles down there. I get there and all is well, we head out and the whole trip was uneventful up until about 10 miles from Redwood City.
We take the 3rd st exit, which is one of those screwed up ramps where the on ramp and off ramp are one and the same. This jackass in a Mercedes comes screaming down the on ramp as I'm coming off, I swerve to keep him from hitting me from behind and Melissa does the same. I took the ramp that twists around to go to 3rd st. Only to hear crunching and see sparks in my left mirror. Melissa wasn't able to make the turn, she had her blinker on so she figured she'd just pull off into the breakdown lane only to be followed into it and plowed from behind.
Well I dismount as soon as possible and run over to see Melissa standing there with this SOB yelling at her. Of course, me being the calm, collected, always in control type of guy that I am, throw his scrawly little asian ass towards his car with a well thought out 'Get the #### away from her.', get on the phone to 911 and get the cops out there. They respond with 3 police cruisers, an engine, a rescue vehicle, a tiller, and an ambulance. (Slight overkill, but better safe than sorry I suppose.) Well, we start getting information and all that, Melissa decides she doesn't want care, my brothers insist I get her checked out later when I can talk her into it. So everythings going alright, so I walk back to my bike, realizing that I left my key on, with the engine killed and battery dead to remove the seat so I can get a jump from the tow-truck guy. Look back to see the cops doing a field sobriety test. No big deal I figure, standard procedure from what I remember. Get the seat off and start walking back to the scene to see them putting him in cuff's and taking back to the cruiser. 'No [email protected] sh|t' I'm mumbling as I'm walking back to Melissa.
Well, his girlfriend, wife, whatever (who was very nice by the way) didn't speak a word of english, didn't have a license, so the car was impounded.
We decide to continue to RC since we were only ten minutes away, to find an apparently empty house, rang the doorbell with no answer. So, head to the little donut shop for some coffee and a donut, pull up Melissa's pant leg to see her knee pretty swollen, so we head to the ER to get her checked out. Our night finally ended when we got back at 7 this morning.

The Alpinestar jacket help up very well, the elbow armor definitely kept her from some considerable pain as there is a quarter sized hole in the leather. Shoei's trashed too. Pretty safe to say the noble ninja has seen it's last road, lowsided, then highsided.

Watch yer a$$es

This novel is copyright firedawgon929.

No matter how beautiful a woman may be, some man somewhere is sick of her sh!t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 7:04 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Hope all heals well, and I hope that Idiot gets what he deserves. Thank God she wasn't injured more than that.

Sh!t like that drives me crazy.

Spank her once for me.
post #3 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 7:08 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Man, she is really lucky. My best wishes to both of you, and especially a speedy recovery to Melissa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 7:31 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Sorry to here about that, wish her a speedy recovery.

post #5 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 7:35 PM

HOLY SH*T.

Boy, I'm very happy (as we all are) that's she's going to be alright.

Sheese. Bad scare for you both, I'm sure.
post #6 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 7:44 PM

firedawg, really glad to hear things didn't turn out worse for your girl! At least the irresponsible phuckstick was taken away in cuffs - ya gotta love that.
post #7 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 7:47 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Don't know whether to say that she was lucky or unlucky , but fact is it could have been a lot worse.

I'm glad it was nothing to major though
Hope the injuries heal quickly

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #8 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 7:50 PM

Damn glad to hear she's ok. I wish they'd nail that SOB to the wall but I'm sure he'll get a little slap on the hand.
post #9 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 8:07 PM

glad she walked away, the mashers were out this weekend!

Word of advice: Get her checked out as *much as possible. All the bills are going to be paid by HIS insurance and enforce a better settlement for her. Been there.

Edit: Oh yea, and she needs to get a lawyer.

post #10 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 8:19 PM

Quote:
figment : All the bills are going to be paid by HIS insurance
Chances are better than not that he has no insurance. I hope he does, for the victim's sake.
post #11 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 8:19 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Damn, glad all is well, if I was in that situation, there would've been two arrests, one for his DUI and one for me beating the s--t out of him
post #12 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 8:21 PM

Glad to see you're both OK. Hope she has a speedy recovery.
post #13 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Mattress : Damn, glad all is well, if I was in that situation, there would've been two arrests, one for his DUI and one for me beating the s--t out of him
I was thinking the same thing. *You showed allot of restraint Firedawg, it worked out better seeing him in cuffs.

Glad she isn't hurt worse, I wish your girl the best!
post #14 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 8:32 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it all will turn out well.
post #15 of 58 Old 06-08-2003, 9:01 PM

I know both of you would rather have had a peaceful ride rather then this incident. You definately showed sense in not roughing up the guy & good think the cops took him to the can. Now if he has insurance that will help.
In the next day or three Melissa is going to feel pains she had not expected & so another good reason for taking her for a check-up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page