newmember - vibrations - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 9:44 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-07-2003
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

Hi everybody,

This is my first post on this forum.
Althougt I have to admit I'v been surfing this site for a while.

Before I start asking questions, I introduce myself
I'm 30 years old, live in the Netherlands (europe), motorbike driving licence since 1999, and bought my first new bike in jan 2003 -> CBR954RR Blue metallic.

Since january i drove 10000 km withe the bike.
After searching the topics i found more people complain about vibrations in footpegs and handle bars.
In a old topic i found a link to hvmparts.com wich sell *heavy bar ends for the cbr. Wich should reduce/eliminate the vibrations in the handle bars

I was wondering how many people use these and do they really work? (I'm not sure about the looks But if they work)



puggy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 9:52 AM
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: newmember - vibrations

Welcome aboard! That's a pretty bike (and nice avatar too, btw).

This doesn't address your question about those particular bar ends, but if you do any sort of travel on your Blade, you might consider a set of Throttlemeisters. They are quite substantial, quelling vibes through the clip-ons, and have the added benefit of being a throttle lock.

http://www.throttlemeister.com/

I don't think I'll be without them on any future bikes. This is my first set and I think they're truly top notch.
Chain is offline  
post #3 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-07-2003
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

Quote:
Chain : Welcome aboard! That's a pretty bike (and nice avatar too, btw).

This doesn't address your question about those particular bar ends, but if you do any sort of travel on your Blade, you might consider a set of Throttlemeisters. They are quite substantial, quelling vibes through the clip-ons, and have the added benefit of being a throttle lock.

http://www.throttlemeister.com/

I don't think I'll be without them on any future bikes. This is my first set and I think they're truly top notch.
Thanks, i didn't expect a reaction so quick.

I've been looking at the website from throttelmeister right away!

These look good, a bit exspensive thought.
Do you use the standard or the extra long ones?
How do they effect the handling of the bike?



puggy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 10:25 AM
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: newmember - vibrations

As far as th quick reply goes, my friend Baketech will suggest that it's due to my having no social life outside fireblades.org.

The TMs will not adversely affect the handling of your bike.

I got the heavy variant.

Yes, they're pricey but well worth it. You can always remove them and install them on a future bike with a changeover kit from TM.

You can see several pictures of my TMs here:

Chain's 954
Chain is offline  
post #5 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-07-2003
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

Quote:
Chain : As far as th quick reply goes, my friend Baketech will suggest that it's due to my having no social life outside fireblades.org.

The TMs will not adversely affect the handling of your bike.

I got the heavy variant.

Yes, they're pricey but well worth it. You can always remove them and install them on a future bike with a changeover kit from TM.

You can see several pictures of my TMs here:

Chain's 954
Wow, I sure like youre bike !!

Looks like you really spend lots of cash on it.
Do you think the small TM's will also reduce vibrations?

I specially like the looks of the akropovic! are you satisfied with it? Can you tell me how it sounds?

I wanted to order one but I never heard one and the people from the shop I bought the bike from told me I can't install an akropovic because it sounds way to loud.

I also like the grapic on the tail 'RR - 954' where can i get one!?

I hope I dont make too many grammar errors
puggy is offline  
post #6 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 11:10 AM
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: newmember - vibrations

Quote:
puggy : Wow, I sure like youre bike !!

Looks like you really spend lots of cash on it.
Do you think the small TM's will also reduce vibrations?

I specially like the looks of the akropovic! are you satisfied with it? Can you tell me how it sounds?

I wanted to order one but I never heard one and the people from the shop I bought the bike from told me I can't install an akropovic because it sounds way to loud.

I also like the grapic on the tail 'RR - 954' where can i get one!?

I hope I dont make too many grammar errors
Thanks.

Yes, I spend too damned much on all my bikes. And I'm not even the sickest bastard here in that regard.

Yes, the light version of the TM will still reduce vibes over your stock bar end weights, or so I would believe.

The Akrapovic is about the nicest bolt-on muffler you can purchase for your 'blade, in my opinion. Whoever told you it's way too loud might have been telling you the truth, however. From what I read in BIKE and other UK based mags, most pipe makers offer both on an off road versions of their canisters. I'm sure you'd have to get the restricted version. In any case, it's an outstanding piece of unrivaled build quality, and compared to some of the other mufflers widely available here (Two Brothers, D&D and others), it's not objectionably loud.

The graphics ---> http://www.tapeworks.com/



Chain is offline  
post #7 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 12:01 PM
 
Join Date: 03-29-2002
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

Heavier bar ends are a great mod for your bike, regardless if you get the TMs or plain ones. They will reduce, but probably not eliminate the vibrations.
Joel is offline  
post #8 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 12:50 PM
 
Join Date: 08-15-2002
Posts: 10,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: newmember - vibrations

Welcome to the .org, puggy!
Bacchus is offline  
post #9 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 1:06 PM
 
roadrunner954's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-30-2002
Location: Lincoln, NE
Age: 48
Posts: 1,353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

Welcome!

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."
roadrunner954 is offline  
post #10 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 1:49 PM
 
Join Date: 05-29-2001
Posts: 1,384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

Welcome!

I have the HVM bar ends on my bike and a Throttlemeister on my VFR. Basically, they look and feel the same. The Throttlemeister is a 'must' if you do alot of long distance riding on the 'Blade. It does reduce alot of vibration and what it doesn't isn't annoying, at least to me.

Be ready to spend some $$ because these boys are just as bad as the gals when it comes to buying stuff for their bikes and they'll help you spend your hard earned cash.
HondaGal is offline  
post #11 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 1:51 PM
Supporting Member
 
cbr99xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-2003
Location: North Georgia
Age: 57
Posts: 2,692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27
             
Garage
Re: newmember - vibrations

Welcome to the .org!

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
cbr99xx is offline  
post #12 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 3:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-07-2003
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

Quote:
HondaGal : Welcome! * *

I have the HVM bar ends on my bike and a Throttlemeister on my VFR. *Basically, they look and feel the same. *The Throttlemeister is a 'must' if you do alot of long distance riding on the 'Blade. *It does reduce alot of vibration and what it doesn't isn't annoying, at least to me. *

Be ready to spend some $$ because these boys are just as bad as the gals when it comes to buying stuff for their bikes and they'll help you spend your hard earned cash. *
Thanks everybody for your warm welcome!

HondaGal do you use the short or the long HVM bar ends?
puggy is offline  
post #13 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 4:09 PM
 
Join Date: 03-02-2003
Posts: 4,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: newmember - vibrations

to the .org! I've got the Akrapovic bolt-on as well (titanium version) and although louder than stock, I don't think it's anywhere near as loud as some of the other pipes I've heard on sportbikes. I highly recommend it. I've gotta check out the Throttlemeisters, though - I don't have them yet and I do like to take some rides of distance.
bwhip is offline  
post #14 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 4:13 PM
 
Skully's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-19-2002
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

If the chain is too tight you'll get more vibration. Mine seems pretty sensitive to this.

I'll trade a set of bar-ends if you go over to Belgium and pick me up a case of Palm beer.

Craig
Skully is offline  
post #15 of 31 Old 06-09-2003, 4:39 PM
 
Join Date: 06-01-2002
Posts: 398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: newmember - vibrations

I have the long bar ends and love them.

welcome aboard!
RedTalon is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After 530 miles bar vibrations just_john Honda FireBlade 18 07-03-2003 10:11 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome