help the n00b - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-24-2004, 7:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

help the n00b

Hi guys, i've been signed up for a while but i never post. I need advise.
I laid my bike down at about 50mph and rashed my mid and lower right fairing, rashed the stock pipe, and all the other normal stuff like turn signal/mirror/bar end..........
I was told my plastics aren't reparable. the rash is deep, but no cracks.... well, a small hole on one. i can post a picture if necissary. $500 for replacements seems steep. What are my options? I've tried salvage and E-Bay with no luck.
I plan to replace the pipe with an aftermarket bolt-on. I'd like one that looks good with my bike and isn't too loud. If anyone has a suggestion it would be appreciated.
Does anyone know if a 954 brake lever is the same as 929?

BTW, it's a 2000 ylw/blk 929. I'm in North Carolina.
price is a big factor in this right now..... thanks for your help guys

Last edited by 929hit; 04-24-2004 at 7:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2004, 7:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Re: help the n00b

best suggestion is just to keep looking on ebay, sooner or later, something will appear...

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2004, 8:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Her,ebay,craigslist,motorush,bayarearidersforum,lo cal cycle salvage.Also check with some aftermarket (sharkskinz,etc)many offer stock replica pieces for much cheaper than oem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-24-2004, 8:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think there's a lot of plastic out there that is actually fixable. I've repaired some significantly cracked pieces of my VFR, and last week I fixed a top case ("trunk") from my neighbor's Harley, on which he dropped a ladder. He had pretty much written it off, and was searching on ebay for a $400 replacement. I asked him to give me a shot at it. I fiberglassed it, sanded, filled with flexible glaze putty, primed, sanded some more, and used my airbrush to blend in some Harley touch up paint that comes in those fingernail type bottles. Total material cost - $25.00 tops, though I did use the school's paint booth. It was a small enough repair to have done in the garage, though.

Post some pictures, maybe I can talk you through it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page