1000rr Passed 300mi Break-in Today; Impressions
Today I finally rolled the mileage up on my 1000rr to about 325.
Additional things I have noticed:
1. The bike is very solid and linear--handling and powerband.
2. Like the 954, there always appear to be a few "proper" gears (i.e., multiple choices) to use for any stretch of pavement. Gear shifting is very snickity snick smooth.
3. It has good grunt throughout the range, but I have not had much opportunity to get above 10k rpms as I am always going pretty fast at that point and need to roll off throttle. For the same reason, it has been hard to use WOT vs. smooth application working up the powerband.
4. The exhaust still feels very, very restrictive. I think I can feel substantial backpressure throughout the throttle range. It almost feels like it keeps the bike from reving faster and pulling harder. We will see when my ARATA arrives.
5. The clutch and brakes are awesome.
6. The foot pegs STILL feel very high. I think rear sets that allow a drop maybe 1/2" would be perfect. I am reluctant to go to any rear sets that only go back (more weight on front) or up. I have no wrist pain, even after 2 hours or so--but I do not carry big weight there either.
7. Bike is great looking and really looks substantial/charismatic in person.
8. The only time I felt any extra weight was when I tuck and go ballistic on a straight road. Here, I think a free flowing exhaust, 10rwhp and 10lbs less may be just what the doctor ordered!