1000RR Cosmetic Stuff (lights, fender, etc) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-25-2004, 2:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

1000RR Cosmetic Stuff (lights, fender, etc)

1.Rear LED-I purchased the integrated LED (brake, running and turn signals) and installed it. Impressions? For the price, they need to come up with a better way. You have to cut your old LED brake light and put theirs in place of it. This requires epoxy and lots of crimping. Make sure you crimp them good and tight. I found out the hard way. It is very functional and I would recommend it.

2. Fender- The first day, I removed the rear fender immediately. I was pulled over just as quickly and given a fix-it ticket. I looked at the huge rear fender and found that a suitable smaller license plate holder was available using all the stock fender equipment. This does remove ALL LIGHTS from the rear of the motorcycle. Simply put, if you remove the bracket from the license plate light and pound the crap out of it to make it flat, you have a perfect license plate bracket.

3. Rear Vents/Lights- I purchased some simple stick-on lights, removed the black plastic that blocks the vents, cut it on one side, heated the other end and bent the plastic up. I then stuck the light onto the plastic piece and wired the system up. I'm sure you could use any blinker that has a nut/bolt setup as well.

So basically, I have a nice clean looking setup that is easily removed for track use.

I'm now looking for a nice LED setup for the front end. I'm going to go to FRY's tomorrow and look for something I can make mystelf. I'm envisioning a drilled pattern on the front fairing by the headlight that flashes from inside to out (night rider style I guess?)

Anyone else done the cosmetic thing yet? Why can't Honda take a hint from the new Aprilia? I wouldn't have to do any of this stuff.

That was the best race I have ever seeen....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-25-2004, 2:48 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: 1000RR Cosmetic Stuff (lights, fender, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knip
1.Rear LED-I purchased the integrated LED (brake, running and turn signals) and installed it. Impressions? For the price, they need to come up with a better way. You have to cut your old LED brake light and put theirs in place of it. This requires epoxy and lots of crimping. Make sure you crimp them good and tight. I found out the hard way. It is very functional and I would recommend it.

2. Fender- The first day, I removed the rear fender immediately. I was pulled over just as quickly and given a fix-it ticket. I looked at the huge rear fender and found that a suitable smaller license plate holder was available using all the stock fender equipment. This does remove ALL LIGHTS from the rear of the motorcycle. Simply put, if you remove the bracket from the license plate light and pound the crap out of it to make it flat, you have a perfect license plate bracket.

3. Rear Vents/Lights- I purchased some simple stick-on lights, removed the black plastic that blocks the vents, cut it on one side, heated the other end and bent the plastic up. I then stuck the light onto the plastic piece and wired the system up. I'm sure you could use any blinker that has a nut/bolt setup as well.

So basically, I have a nice clean looking setup that is easily removed for track use.

I'm now looking for a nice LED setup for the front end. I'm going to go to FRY's tomorrow and look for something I can make mystelf. I'm envisioning a drilled pattern on the front fairing by the headlight that flashes from inside to out (night rider style I guess?)

Anyone else done the cosmetic thing yet? Why can't Honda take a hint from the new Aprilia? I wouldn't have to do any of this stuff.

So how much faster can you go with all this stuff?
post #3 of 5 Old 04-25-2004, 2:51 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Pictures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-25-2004, 2:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_929
So how much faster can you go with all this stuff?
A couple miles an hour on top end
Only because all that fender crap isn't acting as a speed brake...

post #5 of 5 Old 04-25-2004, 3:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna
Pictures?
Attached Thumbnails
12338625794_235.jpg‎   12338641666_235.jpg‎  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page