954 HRC components??? 4 sale WHERE?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 2:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 HRC components??? 4 sale WHERE??

Where can I find some HRC components for my 954??
I have searched and I simply cannot locate any.

Thanks for any info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 3:12 AM

Re: 954 HRC components??? 4 sale WHERE??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Armstrong
Where can I find some HRC components for my 954??
I have searched and I simply cannot locate any.

Thanks for any info
hrcusa.com
post #3 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarko
hrcusa.com
They don't have stuff for the 954. At least not listed on thier upgrades page.

I would go to superbikeplanet.com, go to the classifieds sections. Look under race bikes, they usually have a former ama bike or two. They don't have any 954s right now, but they did a while ago, they usually have lots of spare parts to go along with the bike. You might be able to get the seller to part with some parts. I don't think you'll find any new HRC equipment for the 954. Might get lucky though.

What are you looking for anyways? Track bike or street bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 9:19 AM

I got an new HRC kit radiator for my 954 from Erion for $500. I just called and asked if they had anything left from last season. The only thing I haven't found yet is an HRC ECU.
post #5 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 9:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Mmmmmmmmmm... HRC Radiator..

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #6 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 9:46 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

I'd be very interested in seeing that HRC radiator. Need a bigger one in mine, this heat in AZ is a bit much for the warmer running 954.

Dano

Dan
post #7 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 9:52 AM

a guy was selling an hrc ecu (which incorporates the race wiring harness) in fortnight old edition of one of our mags, wanted 1500 aus dollars if i remember correctly, can check if its still available and get his details.pretty sure it was a dealer selling its race parts for 954's.
post #8 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 10:10 AM

As donniedarko said, hrcusa.com. They are Thousand Oaks Honda/Suzuki and are just about 3 miles up the road from where I live. Phone number is: (805) 371-3000. I've found that it's best if you already have the part number of the item you need.

I have bought the HRC brake pads from them in the past. They give you a discount if you have the part number and don't make them look it up. I guess it's a real pain for them.
post #9 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 10:36 AM

Warning: threadjack in progress! Canyoncarver, how do you like your new 10r?
post #10 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 11:21 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

As donniedarko said, hrcusa.com. They are Thousand Oaks Honda/Suzuki and are just about 3 miles up the road from where I live. Phone number is: (805) 371-3000. I've found that it's best if you already have the part number of the item you need.

I have bought the HRC brake pads from them in the past. They give you a discount if you have the part number and don't make them look it up. I guess it's a real pain for them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then would anyone happen to know the HRC radiator part number for the 954?????

Dano

Dan
post #11 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperAZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then would anyone happen to know the HRC radiator part number for the 954?????

Dano
I believe its 06190_NL8_701 It's called the Sub Radiator Cooling kit

look here for available parts:
http://www.euro-hobby.com/sp125/

Last edited by BillAce; 04-27-2004 at 11:46 AM. Reason: added link
post #12 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke
Warning: threadjack in progress! Canyoncarver, how do you like your new 10r?
A little over 800 miles on it, and I'm very happy. The transmission is the smoothest shifting I've ever ridden. I'm glad Big K fixed the problems they had with the pre-production bikes.

Power is explosive, but manageable if you have a smooth right wrist action. Gearing is way tall. Magazines reporting 104mph in 1st gear at redline. I haven't been there, yet, as I'm still waiting for a steering damper from Ohlins. I want to raise the rear, as the front seems to be pushing a bit out of turns, but I won't until I get the Ohlins shock and damper on.

The reports of headshake issues are true, but inflated, IMO. The ZX is MUCH more stable at speed than my 954 ever was. Rock solid if you sneak up on the speed. It will shake if you're hard on the gas and hit a road imperfection, but what literbike won't w/o a damper?

Back to the gearing, I've already got a +2 rear sprocket coming from Kyle, and a DID ERV2 chain, so that I can move the rear axle back a little. It is all the way forward as delivered from the factory. This has been a problem with the rear hugger, since I fitted my usual D208GP tires, as the tire rubs the inside of the hugger and is burning through. Time for a CF hugger!

BTW, Kyle said that the Big K race teams have been having trouble with running 520 gear/chain setup, as the power is shredding the gears. He suggested that I stay with the stock 525 setup, as a result.

Handling is impressive. It transitions from left to right to left faster than the 954. So much so, that the first day out I almost ran off the INSIDE of a couple turns before I adjusted to the quicker transitions. I believe this is due to the light weight.

Ergos are surprisingly similar to the 954, but with a much more comfortable seat. The 954 seat, although hard as a brick, never bothered me much, as I mostly ride canyons/tracks and don't do much freeway/city cruising. It only bothered me on the way to/from the canyons while on the freeway. The Kwack doesn't bother at all, anywhere.

All in all, I'm very pleased. With some Ohlins suspension, Sato rearsets & pipe, PCIII (already installed) on order from Kyle, I think I'll be ecstatic!

P.S. Thanks for asking, slowpoke. Hopefully, you guys will still tolerate my presence like you have with Chain, even after I sell the 954. I still think this is the best run, best organized board out there, with lots of good, smart people that frequent it. OK. Thread jack and butt-smooching session over.

Last edited by CanyonCarver; 04-27-2004 at 12:20 PM.
post #13 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 2:38 PM

Wow! Thanks for the info. I was at the dealers the other day where I bought my 954 and they had a green 10r sitting there. Naturally, I had to sit on it and check everything out (while making vroom-vroom noises in my head!) and it is one sweeet looking bike. Luckily they didn't have a black or blue one, or I might be riding one now.....MUST RESIST......have tooo much $$$$ in 954....NOOOOO!!!!
P.S. Hell yeah, stick around, you're not nearly as annoying as Hemingway

Last edited by slowpoke; 04-27-2004 at 2:41 PM.
post #14 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke
P.S. Hell yeah, stick around, you're not nearly as annoying as Hemingway

Thanks, slowpoke.

Yep, I couldn't resist the black one, myself. I've been waiting for a long time for a Japanese mfg to produce an all black liter-bike. I just could never bring myself to throw down for a black Ducati. Too expensive to buy, and too expensive to fix/maintain. I've already removed all the stickers, except for the Kawasaki logos on the tank, which are clearcoated.
post #15 of 21 Old 04-27-2004, 3:13 PM

Did they give you a good deal? I'm really tempted to see what my dealer will let one go for, they've been really good to me in the past. Oh crap, just look what you've started.... I really don't feel like taking the shock, pipe, PC3, etc., off my bike and hassle with selling everything.....or do I..... what do you think of the 10R's brakes? How does it sound with the stock pipe? I remember my old 9R had a nasty sound above 8k with the ram air and pipe growling.....

Last edited by slowpoke; 04-27-2004 at 3:15 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page