Breaking in my new EBC pads? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-29-2004, 4:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Breaking in my new EBC pads?

Just got some EBC HH installed today and I tried to find a resource on breaking in the pads so I'll have a clue when I go to the shop to pick up the bike. No luck on the net so far so I thought I might try here. I know some of you have the pads, so what's the procedure if you don't mind me asking??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-29-2004, 4:30 PM

Re: Breaking in my new EBC pads?

First of all, what was the problem with the bike?

EBC says to take it easy for 250 miles until bedded in with the rotors. Stay off the highway, use back roads. I think what they're saying is give them time to break in, stopping power may either be lessened or stick more than your other pads until broke in. Use back roads to get used to them where you won't get in trouble.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-29-2004, 4:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave
First of all, what was the problem with the bike?

EBC says to take it easy for 250 miles until bedded in with the rotors. Stay off the highway, use back roads. I think what they're saying is give them time to break in, stopping power may either be lessened or stick more than your other pads until broke in. Use back roads to get used to them where you won't get in trouble.

It seems that there was a bad connection on an injection harness? EMS is fine, fuel pump is fine. Ignition and kickstand/tip sensor is fine. $303 with an oil change, the EBC pads and 4 days in the shop. All I know is that I'm happy it's fixed and I can't wait to try some wheelies and stoppies with my new pads!!!! Also, to wheely safely I was wondering if I should have my girlfriend on the back, you know the added weight might make it easier right?

Seriously though, (as always I have an unrelated question to ask while I have people attention) when I open up the throttle in first, of course it pulls hard but once or twice I feel like the wheels up in the air maybe just a bit. How do you know if you've picked it up? Do you feel your suspension compress when it touches back down? I realise this is mainly an experience issue, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what things to keep in my head next time I think that happens. I'd think it would be a bad idea to shift my weight when the wheels off the ground so... anyway. Thanks for reading all about my continuing bike drama.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-29-2004, 4:46 PM

It's AMAZING how well the bike wheelie's now with the new EBC pads on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page