Hindle can and other cans, too - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-12-2003, 5:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to BushrodW
Re: Hindle can and other cans, too

this is kind of a repost..I'm wondering which PCIII map you're all using for your bolt-on's.

Has anyone popped for a custom map with just a bolt-on? Was it money well spent in your opinion? Can you really 'feel' a difference?

I also have a question. It's based on the assumption that DynoJet makes their canned maps that appear on their website at their facility in Vegas (2000+ ft. above sea level) on an actual Honda CBRwhateverRR. Here's the question.

If Vegas air as it flows through a given contraption's air intake system is Power Commanded to mix at a 13.XX:1 air/fuel ratio with a given fuel, would 2000 ft. elevation air require less fuel than if the same exercise were duplicated at a 150 ft.above sea level altitude using comparatively 'rich' or oxygen laden air on the same contraption using the same fuel?

If this is indeed the case can the 'button tune' method be used to richen the map proportionately across the board to compensate for altitude differential?

Can the button tune method be used to further compensate proportionately across the board for an a/f mixture that is too lean or rich. For example, I believe Dan Kyle and others recommend a 12.7 or thereabouts a/f ratio and I believe most people use 13.something unless asked to do differently; and I believe Dyno Jet is in the 13.xx:1 camp.

This is getting long enough to lose an audience. I'll stop here, now.

BW

www.AirAmericaRadio.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-12-2003, 3:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Hindle can and other cans, too

i sprung for a map. have the hindle bolt on and flapper mod. i was using the jardine map before and generated ~131hp. after map was still generating ~131hp. smoothed out the power curve a little bit. looking at the map they mostly removed gas. i am still waiting on a call back on the af ratio they adjusted for since i forgot to ask while i was there.

my opinion, take the money and buy a full hindle system and just use the map on the web. you'll surely get more hp out of it. and then if you want to spend the money on the map, it'll be much more worth it.

i will probably get a full hindle and a new map as welll (custom maps on the same bike are half priced at the place i went after the first one) eventually. will post up then too.

hope that helps =)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page