You remember me or... not too bad for a low side? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-30-2004, 8:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

You remember me or... not too bad for a low side?

Ok. First off, you guys are awsome for following my recent landlord/dealer/bike drama. Thanks for the support. Now....

300$ lighter and a fixed bike later. Damn it felt good. Riding home, shifts like a dream with the motul oil, breaks even pre-break-in feel really good. stopping power is awsome complaired to oem. Feels good to be in the saddle again. Here's the kick in the nuts. It starts lightly raining as I ride home. Not that bad, but just enough of a bummer that I can't take it out later tonight (I could but it would suck of course). Nothing heavy, just enough to damp my jacket and make me wish I had gotten to the shop 15 minutes earlier. Now, post-nut kick, this is where she cuts them off... Guess who's apartment complex has some standing water near the driveway. Guess who's neighbor's car had leaked a little oil into said standing water... and now guess who put his newly fixed 929 into a 2 wheel drift... F#ck me ya know.

Tossed me off. Went down pretty hard for 5-7mph on it's left side, frame slider lightly scuffed, clutch level lightly marked too. Oil f*cking everywhere from a cracked (stator?) engine cover. Rearset bent to all hell. And that wonderfull Motul oil all over the pavement. Tail must have touched down too because the passenger seat isn't coming down. looks bent.

Dont want any pitty in this post, just some good solid opinions.
I have to get a new engine cover.. So any recomendations? Something strong and hopefully not going to break the bank.
Also rearsets... I need a new one, not sure how much oem's cost but I'd be willing to buy something a little more expensive as long as it's worth the money. Just not that much more expensive ya know. After the 300 I dropped on an electrical problem, I just... well.. you get the idea.
Well, that's all folks. I think I'm going to go get drunk tonight and hope my boss isn't too pissed I have to call in on monday to take it to the shop.

I'm fine btw... small gash on my left fore arm near my wrist. No biggie just bummer.
Thanks guys.

Jake "Damn my life's a f*cking soap-opera" Young
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-30-2004, 8:57 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Re: You remember me or... not too bad for a low side?

Glad you're OK man. www.ronayers.com is your best bet for the OEM parts. You could probably get some Woodcraft rearsets for around $300
post #3 of 6 Old 04-30-2004, 9:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
Glad you're OK man. www.ronayers.com is your best bet for the OEM parts. You could probably get some Woodcraft rearsets for around $300
Woodcraft worth the extra money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-30-2004, 9:36 PM

Reputation Power: 50

That's up to you to decide. They're adjustable, which is great if you don't find the stock peg position comfortable enough. If you're happy with the bike the way it was, and are strapped for cash, stick to stock. Some members might even have some spare pegs laying around.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-30-2004, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyonist
Woodcraft worth the extra money?
I love my Woodcraft rear sets. I won't buy anything else now. Plus if you have another accident you can buy each piece separetly, so you don't have to buy the whole set again, just what is broken. Totally worth it, plus its just a little more than OEM, and looks a lot better.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-30-2004, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Any other recomendations for rearsets or engine covers?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page