Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Any real world 1000RR dyno numbers out there?

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jonnyboy 
#1 ·
Well? Post em. Is it a 145rwhp bike or a 153rwhp bike?

#2 · (Edited)
I think the magazines are about as real world as you're going to get right now. I doubt anyone here on the board has a new 1000RR with enough miles on it to feel comfortable about strapping it to a dyno anyway.

In general terms, the Honda's making a bit less than the Kwak, but when you're already on the high side of 140 at the rear tire, who honestly cares? :idunno:

I've got 127 at the wheel and, unless I'm getting pulled by my buddy's Hayabusa during interstate roll-ons, I never tend to feel I'm on an underpowered bike.

#7 ·
I believe you have listed the gains for slip ons and no pc3.

Full system gains are more like 7-8rwhp peak and 11 max. Look for the Arata to offer broader gains over the entire rpm range.

My bike has 750mi on it and will get before and after dynos. Because each dyno is different, it will be the gains that are key, not the absolute #s. I will also find out how the dyno tests other '04 liter bikes. I belive a full system/PC3 R1 did 158rwhp on this dyno, but I will get the full info when my pipe comes in.

#8 ·
The magazine tests over here have seen 148-150HP but as Mako says, different dynos on different days will get a different number. Also, in Europe we use a slightly different standard for testing. Europe generally uses the DIN standard, whereas the US usually applies the SAE standard. SAE usually gives a 1-2% higher reading than the DIN standard.

#9 ·
DavidW said:
The magazine tests over here have seen 148-150HP but as Mako says, different dynos on different days will get a different number. Also, in Europe we use a slightly different standard for testing. Europe generally uses the DIN standard, whereas the US usually applies the SAE standard. SAE usually gives a 1-2% higher reading than the DIN standard.

the MAY issue of BIKE magazine (page 122 for quoted power and torque figures) had the CBR1000RR dyno'd =

138.3 BHP @ 11,300rpm
70.3 LB.FT @ 8600rpm
wieght 179kg
power to wiehgt ratio of 0.772 bhp per kg
:eek:

my CBR929RRY on crecent suzukis dyno (23/4/04) =

130.6 BHP @ 11,500rpm
65.9 LB.FT @ 9,000rpm
wieght 170kg (i saved 2 kilos off dry weight with acropa ti end can)
power to weight ratio of 0.768 bhp per kg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.