Question about Steering Bearing SB - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-05-2004, 2:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Question about Steering Bearing SB

I just picked up an 02 954 and according to the service bulletin for the steering bearing replacement, there would be a punch mark by the VIN at the front part of the frame. Should I have this done if I'm not experiencing any problems? According the the SB I have for this, Honda will honor it until June 3, 2004.

Last edited by Dookie; 05-05-2004 at 2:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-05-2004, 8:56 AM

Re: Question about Steering Bearing SB

It is a personal preference issue IMHO. If you like the 'fast steering' of the needle bearings - leave it alone. If you feel the steering is 'too twitchy' for your taste of riding - have the 929 bearings installed, per the SB. NOTE: If you have the SB performed, ensure the dealership is aware of the possible shimming problem (for the steering lock to function properly). Test the steering lock BEFORE leaving the dealership.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-05-2004, 9:18 AM

I had mine done because my bearings needed to be tightened anyways and I didn't notice any difference after the change. Feels the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-05-2004, 2:56 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookie
I just picked up an 02 954 and according to the service bulletin for the steering bearing replacement, there would be a punch mark by the VIN at the front part of the frame. Should I have this done if I'm not experiencing any problems? According the the SB I have for this, Honda will honor it until June 3, 2004.
See this link to previous forum : https://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12998

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page