Micron Serpant & PC3r ;) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 3:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Micron Serpant & PC3r ;)

i got my full system and my PC3r on friday and road all weekend ive only got a map off the net but im pretty damn happy with it
i seem to have lost a bit of power under 4000RPM and it seems like ive lost a lot of engine braking the power is much smoother and higher up in the Revs it really gives a big kick where before the pull was much the same all the way through the Revs. its sounds a lot different also.. sort of like a V2 fast bang,bang.... my last Micron Slip-on was a deap brrrrrrr.....
anyway im really happy and its like when i first got it and i was straight off my 250cc
ill try and beat my 10.9sec 1/4mile soon

here are some pics
http://home.iprimus.com.au/pattard/B...20Blade03a.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pattard/B...20Blade02a.jpg

Last edited by brennyP; 05-16-2004 at 3:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 3:53 AM
Zop

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to Zop
Re: Micron Serpant & PC3r ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennyP
i got my full system and my PC3r on friday and road all weekend ive only got a map off the net but im pretty damn happy with it
i seem to have lost a bit of power under 4000RPM and it seems like ive lost a lot of engine braking the power is much smoother and higher up in the Revs it really gives a big kick where before the power/torque/full was much the same all the way through the Revs. its sounds a lot different also.. sort of like a V2 fast bang,bang....
anyway im really happy and its like when i first got it and i was straight off my 250cc
ill try and beat my 10.9sec 1/4mile soon

HTML Code:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/pattard/Brenny%20Blade03a.jpg
Here they are:
Attached Thumbnails
Brenny Blade01a.jpg‎   Brenny Blade02a.jpg‎   Brenny Blade03a.jpg‎  

Yes it's Fast. No you can't ride it.
post #3 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 3:56 AM Thread Starter

cheers again Zop
if you want to come a bit earlier tomorrow ill be able to get out of work at 11am i just got a sms from Kiwi and im sure it will be fine.. anyway see you then mate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 3:56 AM
Zop

Send a message via MSN to Zop

Hey Brenny, to post a pic all you have to do is scroll down to "manage attachments" when replying and upload there and they will be shown, unlike the 250 forum where you need someone to host them.

Yes it's Fast. No you can't ride it.
post #5 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 4:15 AM Thread Starter

thanks Zop... ive always been a dumb ****

also over the weekend with the new bike i was getting a lot of head wobbles/tankslaps that i didnt get much before do i need a damper now with the new power?? and can i get the bike re-mapped so i dont have the loss of power under 4000rpm?? it might even be 5000rpm.. i cant feel the difference until 6000rpm< but then its extreme
any ideas would be great because ive only had this bike 5 months and im not the best on it
post #6 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 5:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to matt232

Quote:
thanks Zop... ive always been a dumb ****

also over the weekend with the new bike i was getting a lot of head wobbles/tankslaps that i didnt get much before do i need a damper now with the new power?? and can i get the bike re-mapped so i dont have the loss of power under 4000rpm?? it might even be 5000rpm.. i cant feel the difference until 6000rpm< but then its extreme
any ideas would be great because ive only had this bike 5 months and im not the best on it
Just get a 1000RR and the damper comes with it...problem solved!
post #7 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 6:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt232
Just get a 1000RR and the damper comes with it...problem solved!
if they looked half as good as the 954 id think about it ill wait until '05 and see about a trade in
its bloody funny that of all the people on Saturday i could have talked to i run into you and i didnt even know who you were i told my GF and she had a good laugh... how long were you waiting mate?? did you get a chance to have a ride at all?? i saw you checking your phone and now i think about it i feel like a real prick for not getting to a computer and checking when and where the ride would be did anyone rock up sunday??
post #8 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 6:27 AM

Quote:
if they looked half as good as the 954 id think about it ill wait until '05 and see about a trade in
its bloody funny that of all the people on Saturday i could have talked to i run into you and i didnt even know who you were i told my GF and she had a good laugh... how long were you waiting mate?? did you get a chance to have a ride at all?? i saw you checking your phone and now i think about it i feel like a real prick for not getting to a computer and checking when and where the ride would be did anyone rock up sunday??
Not a problem at all. I didn't get organised until about 6pm on Firday night so that didn't really give you much time to get the details.

I got to the pub at about 12:50pm (bit late) had a meal (damn good meals there by the way) and took off about 1:30. When you saw me I'd just finished my first out and back spur run and decided I had to stop to take a leak and grab a drink.

I was pretty stuffed on Saturday, a 2am "spirited" trip up the south eastern freeway with a mate on his GSXR1000 had my adrenaline running and then I couldn't sleep so I jumped on the org and got into a 'dog with a bone' style post exchange with Conq. So it wasn't until about 5:30am that I went to sleep. I only had about 4-5 hours of sleep when I took off for Healesville added to that a total of about 20-25 hours sleep for the week and the fact that I haven't done that much riding in over two years and I'm pretty unfit. So I was pretty stuffed and needed to pull over just have a sit down and rest a bit with an energy drink. About that time you came into the picture.

I did another out and back run and bought some chestnuts from the girl who gave me a wave on the way back the first time round (I thought that was worth a purchase plus she was right near where I was doing my U-turn) then went home and rested up a bit before going out for dinner.

No-one came on Sunday only heard from Zop who SMSed me to day he couldn't make it. Everyone else chickened out. I wrote a bit more stuff at the end of the thread about the ride...you should check it out.
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18658
post #9 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Half as good. We are going to have to work on your factions, when the numerator is a 2 and the denominator is a 1, that means that its expressed like so, 2/1. So the 1000RR looks twice as good as the 954, especially with the rich blue underbelly of the tricolour paint scheme.
post #10 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 8:57 AM

Reputation Power: 23

The ubrupt power is caused by the loss of bottom end, sure it will pull harder higher in the revs, but you are now lacking bottom end so when it comes on it actually feels a lot stronger than it is, because of the loss down low.
Some custom mapping may help the bottom end a bit, but it's a trait with the micron that you loose some bottom end, that why quite a few members went with the hindle, cause it did not loose any bottom end.

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #11 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 9:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
that why quite a few members went with the hindle, cause it did not loose any bottom end.

Ouch!, thats news that brennyP probably wishes he heard eariler.
post #12 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 9:07 AM

I'm sure it was discussed to him earlier, it's just he was getting a good deal on a micron and power commander, I may be wrong, but I think that's correct

post #13 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 9:10 AM

Heres a link to his deal Link

post #14 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 9:12 AM

maybe he wasn't made aware of the performace drop down low, but it has mentioned here quite a few times

post #15 of 34 Old 05-16-2004, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Heres a link to his deal Link

I remember it now. Cheers. looks like a pretty good deal. Couldn't the PC3 compensate for the low end to a large extent?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page