Just ordered me new bike!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-16-2004, 4:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Just ordered me new bike!!

Yes after what seems like ages taking bikes out on demos etc, I finally ordered my new Fireblade in Tri Colour. I've read in previous threads that the paint is thin on the tank and was wondering what that clear film is to protect it, and where to get it (any websites would be great!).

I ended up trading in my 2001 Kawasaki ZX7-R for the blade, and I can't wait now (should only be a couple of weeks hopefully).

So then, is it easy to get the front wheel to lift off the throttle?? I've heard people say it's difficult, but I'm not sure??

Anyway I was in Portugal three weeks ago and spotted this one with white wheels and Arrow exhaust:-

I will let you guys and girls know how I get on when the bike arrives!
Attached Thumbnails
new-2.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-16-2004, 4:32 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Re: Just ordered me new bike!!

I think this is what your lookin for I already ordered mine and yes my tank is definately in need of them. Although it would appear that that tank would be cleared so I would not imagine to be as much of an issue for you i think for the most part this has effected those that own the solid black version as it is not clear coated on the tank. However why not do it just to protect your investment.
I would say that the bikes tendency to go light in the front is very controlled and would require intentional effort, I have nailed mine multiple times and got nothing more than acceleration or tire spin if the road was not up to par. I imagine a yank on the bars and a twist of the throttle would allow you to look at the sky.
Tankslapper

Last edited by Nillotuc; 05-16-2004 at 4:39 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-16-2004, 5:53 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232

and to the .org

I've got the tri colour as well IMHO its the ONLY option.
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13472

The white rims on that pic make it look ordinary, your has the black rims right?

Today, I was running late to get to a meeting spot for a ride with the .org guys in melbourne (good thing I was in a hurry because no one showed.). I was doing a few hard starts from the lights. Up until recently I haven't been going WOT for fear of it heading into the sky and it hasn't left the ground. But today it I opened it up some more and the front wheel went past the 'light' stage but settled down nicely after I rolled off a bit. So I wasn't trying and it came up but I did have to give it alot of juice for it to lift off(there was still more there though). If you want it to do that I'm sure if you stayed on the throttle it would sit on the rear wheel but I'm happy knowing where the line is drawn so I don't cross it.

Now I just have to hope that Conq is in a good mood or I'm toast!!! <insert nervously bitting finger nails smilie>

We'll leave it at that and Paul1000rr I'd advise you to not pursue the front wheel lifting part of your thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-16-2004, 7:00 AM

Reputation Power: 23

G'day and to the org

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2004, 7:01 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Quote:
=matt232Up until recently I haven't been going WOT for fear of it heading into the sky and it hasn't left the ground. But today it I opened it up some more and the front wheel went past the 'light' stage but settled down nicely after I rolled off a bit.

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

Last edited by ratter; 05-16-2004 at 7:02 AM. Reason: typo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page