Arata fitted and dyno tuned today :) PICS ADDED - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 05-17-2004, 5:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Arata fitted and dyno tuned today :) PICS ADDED

Well, a good and bad day.

After WAY too long, I took the blade and arata to the Sook and got him to map the bike.

Also did a test on those Factory Pro Velocity stacks to see if mapping them will make any difference....

Stock run on Sook's Dyno - 132.0 rwhp - fitted with Arata - 139.4
Mapped with Arata and stock stacks - 143.3 and mapped with the stacks and arata - 133.7

HOWEVER - the short stacks take longer to get to the power, and also produce less everywhere (except the last 100rpm) so, it is conclusive. The short V.stacks sold by factory pro are useless. Whether on a stock bike, or mapped with a pipe.

Sook did a great job with the bike, and the power is very obvious. I was kind of let down with the final output, as I was hoping for 145 - 148, but I'm only really 1 or 2 hp short of the target, and all in all, I'm not good enough to notice the difference.

Sook said another 954 with 132 rwhp had made 148hp after tuning, so I was hopeful at the start of the day. However, I think that maybe the fact that my bike REALLY needs a tune probably made an impact. It was obvious with the stock pipe that it needs a service, but with the Arata on, it shoves it in your face. It idles very rough, not the smooth sewing machine action I know and love. Bu that is easy to fix

However, as I said, all credit to Sook - he did a fantastic job, and the bike feels amazing to ride, even if it does need a service

Not to mention his patience, he also gave me a great deal on the 2 maps (with and without the short stacks) and a double bubble screen to boot. Needless to say, I will be going back for more goodies

Any Sydney siders looking for a map, I highly recommend his services I'll be booking my service with him in the next few days.

Now, on the bad note (and totally my own stupid fault) I left my Oakley Penny's on the counter under the screen while looking arond the shop, I noticed someone walk in and had this gut feeling to just grab my sunnies. wouldn't ya know it? Next thing I know, they are gone!!!

I couldn't beleive it, they are like $500 in this country - assuming you could actually buy a pair as they are not imported here (the price is of the similar Juliet style) So, sadly that kinda ruined what was otherwise a very worthwhile day.

Z...
Attached Thumbnails
headers.jpg‎   underpipe.jpg‎  

You're f%#&king up my Chi...

Last edited by Zeeman; 05-19-2004 at 1:57 AM. Reason: add pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 05-17-2004, 6:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232
Re: Arata fitted and dyno tuned today :)

bugger on the Oakleys

Good to see you've finally done the mapping and dyno run with your arata and its turned out pretty damn good.....It tooks so long that I was starting to wonder it it was a.......wait for it......wait for it........pipe dream.
post #3 of 28 Old 05-17-2004, 6:33 AM

Reputation Power: 23

at last we finally have conclusive results, pitty about the outcome

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 05-17-2004, 7:09 AM Thread Starter

Ont he plus side, I love the arata - looks and sounds great

Z...

post #5 of 28 Old 05-17-2004, 9:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Post a pic of the system. Zee had his headers and muffler polished. After the tuning, the header pipes looked fukin awesome.
Like Zee said, we did a 954 last week that made 148.9 from the same 132 that Zeeman had, and was no where near as rough and didn't have the dip down low. As we do more, I'll let you know how they go, but still, just over 10h.p isn't bad. I was dissapointed myself that it didn't go the same as the other bike. Don't know why it didn't.
Like I told Zee, we had a XR80 walk out the door a few weeks back. Went out the back for a second, came back, GONE. You gotta bolt **** down around here. If I'd have seen him out them there, I'd have warned him.
post #6 of 28 Old 05-17-2004, 10:01 PM

Good to hear that you got the 954 custom mapped. 143hp isn't a slouch either.

I have a set of short stacks on my bike and made 145.3 rwhp, so I'll have to take the bike back in and test the stock vs short on the dyno. Thanks for the info.

Sorry to hear about your Oakleys brother. I might be able to help you on a new set of Oakley Pennys. I have to talk to my buddy, but I can get them for around $150 US. Shipping shouldn't be all that much, so let me know.

Rick
post #7 of 28 Old 05-17-2004, 10:44 PM

Reputation Power: 18

ahhhh Oakley gear ... i have enough of their stuff i should be a stock holder
post #8 of 28 Old 05-18-2004, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sook
Post a pic of the system. Zee had his headers and muffler polished. After the tuning, the header pipes looked fukin awesome.
Like Zee said, we did a 954 last week that made 148.9 from the same 132 that Zeeman had, and was no where near as rough and didn't have the dip down low. As we do more, I'll let you know how they go, but still, just over 10h.p isn't bad. I was dissapointed myself that it didn't go the same as the other bike. Don't know why it didn't.
Like I told Zee, we had a XR80 walk out the door a few weeks back. Went out the back for a second, came back, GONE. You gotta bolt **** down around here. If I'd have seen him out them there, I'd have warned him.
When I had my 954 we did before and after dynos (back to back) with Arata and pciii and Dan Kyle map. We got the same SAE 11rwhp and SAE 4rwtrq gains. The gains were everywhere across the range. I do not think you can tune out the dip at 4k as there is a physical piece in the stock pipe that is not in any of the aftermarket pipes but the Hindle. The good news is that you will never hit the "dip" in riding--watch your tach.

I am skeptical that you will get SAE 17rwhp from a pipe and pciii w/map in back to back, same day dynos. If you can do this consistently, you should be working on MotoGp and AMA Superbikes! Good job!
post #9 of 28 Old 05-18-2004, 5:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sook
Damm Westies

2004 1000RR Racebike

www.jungleboyracing.com
post #10 of 28 Old 05-18-2004, 6:12 AM

Reputation Power: 23

I had my hindle polished befor I fitted it, looked great, great mirror finish, but as soon as it got warm it tuned a yellowy gold color

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #11 of 28 Old 05-18-2004, 8:41 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to tak ephoto's of the Arata in the sun tomorrow - they look wicked - Futant saw them today, and was equally blown away! They have a blue/purple colour that fades to gold in parts around the headers and near the bends and it looks so damn horny!!! I just hope it stays looking that good - makes me want to leave my fairings off all the time!!!

Z...

post #12 of 28 Old 05-18-2004, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeman
I'm going to tak ephoto's of the Arata in the sun tomorrow - they look wicked - Futant saw them today, and was equally blown away! They have a blue/purple colour that fades to gold in parts around the headers and near the bends and it looks so damn horny!!! I just hope it stays looking that good - makes me want to leave my fairings off all the time!!!

Z...
psst....they *will* stay looking that good...mine still do.
post #13 of 28 Old 05-18-2004, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGal
psst....they *will* stay looking that good...mine still do.

Though reason I said :hope they keep looking that good: is because I had th epipe olished, so it looked like stainless steel in it's sheen, and the discolouration looks like purple and blue liquid floatinf on the surface, it's just awesome tomorrow.. photo's

Z...

post #14 of 28 Old 05-18-2004, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeman

Though reason I said :hope they keep looking that good: is because I had th epipe olished, so it looked like stainless steel in it's sheen, and the discolouration looks like purple and blue liquid floatinf on the surface, it's just awesome tomorrow.. photo's

Z...
Sweet! Can't wait to see the pics.
post #15 of 28 Old 05-18-2004, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Argh - shocking typo day today

Z...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page