Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

A few tiny mods on my 1kRR (more 30may04)

5K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  Nillotuc 
#1 · (Edited)
Pulled off some stickers,reflectors, and pretty sure the CBR sticker is gonna have to go as well. Still debating on the one on the tail sticker, but blinkers frame sliders and that hideous fender are next on my list. Anyone used these no cut sliders I have seen on the net just asking cause the brackets look like they would just pivot back and smash the plastic.
Tankslapper is not on yet I will put it on this weekend.

#3 ·
Re: A few tiny mods on my 1kRR

Nillotuc said:
Pulled off some stickers,reflectors, and pretty sure the CBR sticker is gonna have to go as well. Still debating on the one on the tail sticker, but blinkers frame sliders and that hideous fender are next on my list. Anyone used these no cut sliders I have seen on the net just asking cause the brackets look like they would just pivot back and smash the plastic.

Get those rear foot pegs off - NOW!!!

#4 ·

Nillotuc said:
Sheesh, haven't you guys got any trees around there? The place looks like an ikea display!
:D

#6 ·

The Yeah the hills are about 5 miles from me and there are plenty of trees and twisty roads not sure why noone has trees in thier yards though. Yeah on the rear pegs the wife is going for a ride next weekend so they can wait a week or 2, the pro link stickers are coming off this weekend but the bike lives at a co workers house next to his R6. I can't drive on base had a little issue with the SP's so I only get to visit it on the weekends now until i get driving priveleges back on base.

#12 ·

Yeah I am ditching the CBR stickies but gonna have to skip the 1200grit thing, it just looks to damn good shiny, got the tankslapper installed today ill post sunday or something the 70 degree weather and twisty roads will keep me occupied til then.
LDH your a bit ahead of my schedule on mods there from the looks of things but, I will have this thing a while so no rush not to mention I am going to miss the next track day at colorado so it should be fine for a while. The RC51 looks good BTW.

#13 ·

SomeStrangeGuy said:
looks good Nilotuc, Id say lose the CBR or relocate to an eave or somethin, then some 1200 grit until that paint matches the frame matte ;)

Thats what they need to do, flat black plastic on the street version, yum :)
Yeah right. I can really see someone taking sandpaper to a brand new $11k bike. :nono:

#16 ·

I like it the way you have it in the pictures as far as the sticker removal goes. May I suggest getting the swingarm powder coated black to match the frame, one of the things I like best about my Erion is the black frame and swingarm.

#18 · (Edited)

Well here are the things I got done this weekend, I installed the tankslapper and did some work on the rear fender section, all the parts I used were the original parts and the fender is gone completely. I am going to install some new turn signals on it once I decide which ones I want and find a fender eliminator I like.
As far as powdercoating the swingarm I think I will wait until I get some more riding out of it before I go yanking that off, but I agree it would look awesome. I still need to yank off the passenger footpegs but the right one has a bolt hole for the black heat shield cover so i need to make a small bracket for that. Anyhow see what you think of the little mods I got done today.
You cannot really see the tankslapper in the pics but then again are you supposed to?

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
Re: A few tiny mods on my 1kRR (more this weekend)

Yeah pull the tail off then the 2 aluminum brackets that those covers attach to will come off the rear fender is just bolted in by the tail lights and there is a center piece where you can drill and reattach the original license plate bracket upside down and cutt off what used to be the top two tabs. Be patient taking off the rear. It will all make sense once you take it apart.

#23 ·

Nillotuc said:
Yeah pull the tail off then the 2 aluminum brackets that those covers attach to will come off the rear fender is just bolted in by the tail lights and there is a center piece where you can drill and reattach the original license plate bracket upside down and cutt off what used to be the top two tabs. Be patient taking off the rear. It will all make sense once you take it apart.
Suspension mods? Are they on the way?
:clap:

#24 ·

FuTAnT said:
Suspension mods? Are they on the way?
:clap:
That will be after vacation next week but this thing is sprung pretty damn heavy from what I can tell.
I will prolly valve the front myself as I did my junky ass FZR a looong time ago and respring it but don't know who I will go with nor what spring rate to go to in the front.
Rear shock will get done but my chassis tuning knowledge is minimal on bikes. So any insight there would be nice.
For now I have just softened up the preloads a bit front and rear since these things are sprung to carry me plus a 208 lb passenger, and my wife wieghs like 115, and does not go with me very often so unless I go find myself a fat chick I dont need all that spring.

Short answer is yes eventually.

#25 ·

The short answer for suspension this far (from reading boomer's stuff and talking to Dan). The front springs are shite! They need to be changed, rear shock needs to be chunked as well. Dan bought one of the 1000RR HRC racers and is doing the experimentation on it. I'm sure he'll be making dogbones for it very soon, similar setup to the RC. I can't wait until I have the $ but that won't be for a while :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.