2001 929rr - front end ticking sound help - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-27-2003, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 2001 929rr - front end ticking sound help

The bike has 6500 miles on it. A week ago I noticed, when going over certain bumps, a ticking sound from the front of the bike. I looked for obvious loose things causing the noise - nothing.

Then I rolled the bike forward, and applied the front brake. 'TICK' Rolled forward more, brake, no sound.

Then I rolled the bike backwards, applied the front brake, 'TICK' rolled backwards more, brake, no sound.

Does this sound like excess play in the steering head? What should I do. THe bike is under extended warranty, I think.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-28-2003, 9:35 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via AIM to 2001 929rr

My be your bearings. My rear wheel was making a ticking noise and it turned out to be my bearings.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-28-2003, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Thanks - I just got back from Jim Walker Honda. I was halfway thru my explanation of the symptoms when the tech (Jason) asked, 'do you have frame sliders?' I said yes, and he said the bolts were loose and it was the engine rocking.

I wheeled the bike in the shop and he tightened them down. THey were loose, and now the ticking sound is gone!

Woohoo! For a week I was riding so paranoid that something was wrong with the bike. Now I feel like going for a ride!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page