Dan Kyle rear link (dogbone) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-01-2004, 7:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Dan Kyle rear link (dogbone)

Does anyone have a picture of Dan Kyle Racing's dogbone set up? I'm thinking of getting it and want to see a picture of one. There isn't one posted on Dan's website.

Thanks for any help,

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-02-2004, 2:26 AM

Re: Dan Kyle rear link (dogbone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9inAZ
Does anyone have a picture of Dan Kyle Racing's dogbone set up? I'm thinking of getting it and want to see a picture of one. There isn't one posted on Dan's website.

Thanks for any help,

Rick
I have one on my 929--and now on the 1000RR (very different)--its the best $$ you can spend improving the handling performance of you bike period. Its NOT simply a longer dogbone--it has a kink in it--youll need the side plates too (comes in the kit)--you also need to go approx 5 levels of a lighter spring--(I went from a 17kg to a 12kg)--its NOT recommended if you want to ride 2 up alot. But for better "hookup out of corners--its awesome--and a beautifully made piece of hardware
post #3 of 8 Old 06-02-2004, 7:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Heres a pic of a HRC link for the 954, do dans look anything like this, the kink is to allow greater ride height as when its raised too much the heim joint on the bottom of the shock contacts the linkage!
Attached Thumbnails
HRC Link.jpg‎  

2004 1000RR Racebike

www.jungleboyracing.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-02-2004, 1:07 PM

Mine is on it's way home! I hear it will cause the rubber guards on the swingarm to get eaten regularly....we'll see.

I can't wait to test it out! F---n tired of spinning it up!

As stated you'll need a new spring and prolly a new eyelet on your shock so you can use the added clearance it gives you. DK told me the link itself will add about 1mm to rear height.

Last edited by 02FBlade; 06-02-2004 at 1:09 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-02-2004, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleboy
Heres a pic of a HRC link for the 954, do dans look anything like this, the kink is to allow greater ride height as when its raised too much the heim joint on the bottom of the shock contacts the linkage!
Yes it looks very much like the HRC unit.

And they do eat your rubber Swingram guards bout every 5-10 trackdays, specially if you are using a 15T forny sprockt
post #6 of 8 Old 06-02-2004, 6:22 PM

Dk's is a dup of the hrc link.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-30-2012, 6:58 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Bringing up an old thread...

If I have a DK link and plates off an 954, will it work on a 929 without going to a 954 swingarm? I believe 929 and 954 OEM plates are different since they are required if you swap swingarms. I called DK and they said it will work for both bikes but I just want to make sure since they probably haven't sold one of these in years. I don't understand why DK plates would be interchangeable when OEM are not.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy01 View Post
Bringing up an old thread...

If I have a DK link and plates off an 954, will it work on a 929 without going to a 954 swingarm? I believe 929 and 954 OEM plates are different since they are required if you swap swingarms. I called DK and they said it will work for both bikes but I just want to make sure since they probably haven't sold one of these in years. I don't understand why DK plates would be interchangeable when OEM are not.
If they told you it'll work, I'd bet money they're right. They made them. Who'd you talk to, Dan, Mike...?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page