Heli Bars on an older 900rr, question?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-03-2004, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Heli Bars on an older 900rr, question??

Hey all Iíve been reading this forum for a while, its great!! But now I finally need to ask a question I couldnít find an answer to via the search.

I have a set of new Heli Bars that Iím going to install on my 93 900rr, but it looks like the brake master cylinder is going to be in the way of the wind screen support. So I guess my first question is have any of you ever had the pleasure of installing Heli Bars on an older 900 (like mine)? If so how did you solve the master cylinder issue?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-03-2004, 9:32 PM

Re: Heli Bars on an older 900rr, question??

wow. thats a new one. I cant say that I have ever heard of heli bars on a 900. I dont see how the master cylinder is hitting, but I do see how the resivoir could. Looking at mine ('95 model), the only easy solution would be to bend the bracket down (the one that holds your resivoir up) more horizontal to the bars .
post #3 of 5 Old 06-04-2004, 8:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose
wow. thats a new one. I cant say that I have ever heard of heli bars on a 900. I dont see how the master cylinder is hitting, but I do see how the resivoir could. Looking at mine ('95 model), the only easy solution would be to bend the bracket down (the one that holds your resivoir up) more horizontal to the bars .
You're right my bad, it is the resivoir; and that's what I was going to do, but I figured someone may have come up with a better solution. But hey I'm not above part "Modification"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-04-2004, 10:27 AM

I had Heli Bars on my '96 900RR, and bending the bracket for the reservior was all I needed to do to make the bars compatible. Makes a big difference in how the bike feels, including the ergonomics.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-04-2004, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

That's what I'm going for Iíd like to be able to ride in greater comfort for longer periods of time, and I figured this was the best way to do it.

So bending the bracket it is thanks for the input!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page