954 Tag Bracket - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-03-2004, 8:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 Tag Bracket

I came up with this bracket as a simple low cost alternative to an undertail or full fender eliminator kit. As far as I know this design is original, but I can't say for sure. After the mud flap is removed the bracket bolts up to the hole previously used by the reflector. Stock or aftermarket turn signals remain in stock location.

The bracket is made of .090 5052 alumunim, this a little thicker that others I've seen. They are powdercoated black and and the all mounting hardware is provided. The screw that mounts the bracket to bike and the button heads that mount the tag are stainless steel. All hex nuts are nylon lock nuts.

I do not supply turn signals with this kit. I show the bracket with stock and aftermarket signals only as a reference.

The price for the bracket is $27 plus $4.50 for USPS Priority shipping (2-3 days). Orders received after 10:00 am are shipped the following day. Email me for overseas shipping costs.

I use PayPal allot, but you can snail mail a check if you like. My PP account is [email protected]. Soon I will have a PP button here in the ad. If you want to see more pics email me.

Attached Thumbnails
954 tag brack 015.jpg‎   954 tag brack 022.jpg‎   954 tag brack 039.jpg‎   954 tag brack 024x.jpg‎  

954 tag brack 038.jpg‎   mf-logo 6-04 small.jpg‎  

Last edited by Ted383; 06-04-2004 at 9:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-03-2004, 8:28 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Re: 954 Tag Bracket

Welcome Ted.

Know anyone w/ a new 1000rr, so you can do some prototyping?

Something for the plate AND turnsignals to mount to?

Insignificant Member
post #3 of 12 Old 06-03-2004, 9:15 PM

Nice bracket but I don't particularly care for the big bolt sticking out from the underside.

The bracket I have is mounted using the stock reflector. That way I don't have to put others on the back of the bike since we're required to have them and the bracket can't be removed easily by anyone.

Just thinkin' out loud since you asked for our opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-03-2004, 9:25 PM

They would really pull you over for not having a reflector on the back? Then again, they don't let you pump your own gas either.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-03-2004, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGal
Nice bracket but I don't particularly care for the big bolt sticking out from the underside.

The bracket I have is mounted using the stock reflector. That way I don't have to put others on the back of the bike since we're required to have them and the bracket can't be removed easily by anyone.

Just thinkin' out loud since you asked for our opinions.
I knew someone would say something about that oversized bolt
That bolt was just used for the pics. The bolt I ship with the part is only as long as it needs to be. Plus, it's a little more difficult to install but you can put the bolt in the other way if you want so the head is visible instead of the nut. Do you have a tag light on your bike?

=Know anyone w/ a new 1000rr, so you can do some prototyping? =
Finding a donor bike is the most difficult part of my job. If somebody in riding distance is willing to make the trip to my shop to help design a new part they get one free.

=Something for the plate AND turnsignals to mount to?=
Yes, for the 954. Check back tomorrow.

post #6 of 12 Old 06-04-2004, 10:39 AM

Yes, I use a tag light too. I don't use the stock one but instead use a small LED 3 bulb step light mounted to a small bracket that is behind the tag bracket and held in place by the bracket mounting bolt. It's not pretty but it works. I had to be creative because all the nice brackets don't come with room for a tag light. And, bikes here won't pass inspection without the lic. tag being illuminated.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-04-2004, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Yes, I use a tag light too. I don't use the stock one but instead use a small LED 3 bulb step light mounted to a small bracket that is behind the tag bracket and held in place by the bracket mounting bolt. It's not pretty but it works. I had to be creative because all the nice brackets don't come with room for a tag light. And, bikes here won't pass inspection without the lic. tag being illuminated.
http://www.pros-pick.com/licenseplatelights.html
http://static.summitracing.com/globa...dei-030301.jpg

Last edited by figment; 06-04-2004 at 10:50 AM.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-04-2004, 12:23 PM

Thanks figment but I already tried those lights. One bulb burned out the same year I installed them. And, the wires are about as thick as a hair and so very very delicate. Heck, I had difficulty getting the cover stripped off without breaking the wire. I tried 'em...didn't like 'em. Thanks for the idea.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-05-2004, 9:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
bikes here won't pass inspection without the lic. tag being illuminated.
The only inspection required in Fla is for termites.
No vehicle inspection
No insurance req'd for bikes
No state income tax.
No snow
Gotta love it.

Thanks for the step light link. I've been looking for those.

post #10 of 12 Old 06-07-2004, 4:39 PM

Ted, Texas requires a rear visable state inspection sticker. My plate has a small area to put this sticker on.
http://figment.smugmug.com/photos/924382-M.jpg

Last edited by figment; 06-07-2004 at 4:39 PM.
post #11 of 12 Old 06-19-2004, 2:58 PM

Quote:
HG,
Would you happen to have any pics of the bracket you used to mount the LED onto? I just installed Ted's bracket, and want to make it all street legel for night riding.
post #12 of 12 Old 06-30-2004, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookie
HG,
Would you happen to have any pics of the bracket you used to mount the LED onto? I just installed Ted's bracket, and want to make it all street legel for night riding.
Dustin, I know the Lite-n-Boltz did not work out for HG but I know people that have had good luck with them when used for tag light. The nice thing about these is no additional bracket is needed and when looking at the rear of the bike they look close to a regular button head screw for a clean look.

The fact that the wires on the lite-n-boltz are small to me is a good thing. Slide some shrink tube over them for protection and the smaller wire will be easier to route/hide where you want it.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...ightnbolts.htm

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page