Rear Peg LEDs, f/e kit, & tankslapper all done w/ vids> - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-03-2004, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Rear Peg LEDs, f/e kit, & tankslapper all done w/ vids>

alright, first big thanks to tristan again for doing these awesome pegs for me, they kick ass and pics & even vids dont do them justice. I would have had these done sooner, but i got to busy w/ work this week and ended up having to put the install off until this evening.

Also, thanks to IronNutz for a good install write up (ref. http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=973 ) but i did help him a bit by confirming wire colors connections.

On the ORANGE connectors (left side of bike) connect red wire to orange wire & then connect black wire to the green wire.

On the BLUE connectors (right side of bike) connect red wire to blue wire & then green wire to black wire.

The install of these was very simple for the most part, just take your time and test things out before putting everything back together.

Tristan can be reached at: [email protected]

Also wanted to thank Larry for a very cool & functional fender eliminator and very reasonably priced, larry can be reached at: [email protected]

I had asked Tristan to do a special color combo for me, top 2 bulbs on each side are red & then the 3 bulbs under are amber.
Here are some pics of them both off & on:

pics from tristan when he was finished creating my set:

and here is the vids of them working:
http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/v.../led_pegs1.MOV

http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/v...s/led_pegs.MOV

and here are some pics of the tankslapper installed. I did them around 7pm this evening, so it wasnt exactly sunny, but i did them fine - took about 30 mins or so and just patience and lots of liquid & squeegying (spelling dont care), then i brought the bike back in the garage and put a bunch of spot lighting on both sides to help "bake" out the smaller bubbles - so far when these pics were taken at around 9pm everything was drying nicely!

I only have about 600 miles on my bike, but had the typical swirl type marks from my jeans. So i did some quick honda spray & wiped that down, then did some mcquires scratchX and wiped that down thoroughly & then applied the tankslapper peices. Still can see some swirths & so on, but still pretty darn good for a black bike.

thanks again guys!
Wagz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-03-2004, 10:42 PM

Re: Rear Peg LEDs, f/e kit, & tankslapper all done w/ vids>

Looking good

You bastages keep talking about the 1000 like you do, and showing those sexayayay pics, and I'll have to get one
post #3 of 3 Old 06-03-2004, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Re: Rear Peg LEDs, f/e kit, & tankslapper all done w/ vids>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OHOH2954
Looking good

You bastages keep talking about the 1000 like you do, and showing those sexayayay pics, and I'll have to get one
hehehe
they is a beautiful ting!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page