Ahh crap something I did now.. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-03-2004, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Ahh crap something I did now..

Ok..

I need some help here guys. Last couple weeks ago I bought a HTEV eliminator from Haas.. great product. Tonight I was tightening my throttle cable which I had to go under the airbox to do.. when I noticed this flapper thing in the middle. Ok.. I think the HTEV elminator controls the flapper, and I got rid of those cables, so now my bike is trying to suck air through this blocked air passage that the air intake is on the opposite side of flapper. I remove this and the linkage below.

Ok now I am ready to start her up .. throttle tight.. ya. Starts yes.. but now every so often the red light next to the neutral lite comes on and I think this is the injector light.

Umm what did I do and will this hurt my bike? Seems I hear a slight click too when the red light comes on. Bike runs and seems to throttle up fine, but the red light keeps winking at me..

HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 12:35 AM

Re: Ahh crap something I did now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash929
Ok..

I need some help here guys. Last couple weeks ago I bought a HTEV eliminator from Haas.. great product. Tonight I was tightening my throttle cable which I had to go under the airbox to do.. when I noticed this flapper thing in the middle. Ok.. I think the HTEV elminator controls the flapper, and I got rid of those cables, so now my bike is trying to suck air through this blocked air passage that the air intake is on the opposite side of flapper. I remove this and the linkage below.

Ok now I am ready to start her up .. throttle tight.. ya. Starts yes.. but now every so often the red light next to the neutral lite comes on and I think this is the injector light.

Umm what did I do and will this hurt my bike? Seems I hear a slight click too when the red light comes on. Bike runs and seems to throttle up fine, but the red light keeps winking at me..

HELP!
Not really sure what flapper you are taking about under the air box?? The only thing there is the "heat" deflector (nothing more than a piece of rubber if you ask me). However, count you flashes and let us know who many you get. I can look it up and tell you the error code. Are you sure maybe you didn't knock the HTEV servo off??
post #3 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 2:03 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Ok..

HELP!
No, it won't hurt your bike. I think everyone that gets rid of the HTEV/flapper will end up with a red light. I know one guy just kept on riding til the bulb just burned out. There was a thread about this earlier, but I don't know how the rider fixed it. Since I' from CA, my red light was because the O2 sensor was removed to make way for the full system. I was able to fix the red light problem with a resistor installed in the right place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 2:31 AM

I will tell you exactly what you did. First off you probably have a 35 code, which is the servo motor. Tell me this, you removed the servo didn't you ? Well, put it back and plug it back in. Don't worry about putting the cables back on, just the servo motor. Your troubles should be gone.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 2:35 AM

Just got to thinking about your clicking noise. Where is that coming from? If you have the servo motor still installed, listen to it. If that is where you clicking noise is coming from, then you just chewed up the internal gears. No you can't rebuild it you are going to have to buy a new one.

I was messing with the air flapper a while back and got the same light. Some how I trashed my servo motor. So I had to fork out $180 to replace it. I have come to the conclusion, I like my low end and kept the flapper and the HTEV. Haven't had a problem since.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arndogg
Since I' from CA, my red light was because the O2 sensor was removed to make way for the full system. I was able to fix the red light problem with a resistor installed in the right place.
You know Dynojet makes a eliminator for that O2 sensor. It is only $17.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 2:44 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkidd
You know Dynojet makes a eliminator for that O2 sensor. It is only $17.

Dan Kyle gave me the resistor for free when I bought my PCIII from him
post #8 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arndogg
Dan Kyle gave me the resistor for free when I bought my PCIII from him
Can't beat that, and if it works..........even better.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 9:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkidd
Can't beat that, and if it works..........even better.
Thanks Calkid I think I will put it back and come to think of it.. I forgot to put the sensor on the back of the air box when i put it back together.. I gave up last night but today when i get home I will put that back on and check it.

Thanks for the tips and support.. you guys rock.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-04-2004, 6:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks Calkid I think I will put it back and come to think of it.. I forgot to put the sensor on the back of the air box when i put it back together.. I gave up last night but today when i get home I will put that back on and check it.

Thanks for the tips and support.. you guys rock.
DOH ya it was the plug in the back of the air box.. i guess its needed

Now its ok.. PHEW!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page