Hass Eliminator? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 1:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hass Eliminator?

Okay...I have been thinking about selling my Jardine slip-on for my 954 and buying a full exhaust. However, I will probably lose money on my exhaust and it will cost alot for the full system.

Does the hass eliminator acctually give good gains? I have seen the dyno chart on the page etc...just wondering if anyone here has done it and would highly recommend it....also, is there any negatives from it?

It also says it comes with a map for the PC's....I have a PCIII USB and a slip-on jardine exhaust, so do the maps that come with it work with any slip-on or what?

Thanks for any help guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 1:58 PM

Re: Hass Eliminator?

Trust me.. Best $130 I have spent on the bike... Since you already have the slip on, put your faith in Hass and he won't let you down. And yes, you will get a map that fits your bike well. However, as always, a custom map has and will always help..

I have yet to hear anyone that was not 100% happy with the gains..
post #3 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 2:32 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA929RR
Trust me.. Best $130 I have spent on the bike... Since you already have the slip on, put your faith in Hass and he won't let you down. And yes, you will get a map that fits your bike well. However, as always, a custom map has and will always help..

I have yet to hear anyone that was not 100% happy with the gains..

Here's one!

Actually, I do think I am the only one I've heard of, too!

I have a 2001 CBR929, put the eliminater in along with the map and PCIII and had the following issues:

Poor gas mileage (dropped from 35mpg to 28mpg at best)
Rough, wandering idle
Poor mid-range power
and an almost non-existant low-end to the point where I had to slip the clutch a ton just to get moving.

All of these items started when I installed the unit and dissappeared when I removed the unit and went back to stock.

However, Ryan Hass has been great to work with, he sent me 3 or 4 different maps to try, and even looked up my phone number to call me personally to work with me on it. He went well over and beyond the call of duty for a $130 part to make me satisfied.

All I can say from my experience is it didn't work for me, but everyone else I've heard has said good things. I finally just pulled it, went back to stock and have it sitting on my bench at home. Someday I will try to install it again, but for now overall driveability has to me been much better stock.

Just a second opinion...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miweber929
Here's one!

Actually, I do think I am the only one I've heard of, too!

I have a 2001 CBR929, put the eliminater in along with the map and PCIII and had the following issues:

Rough, wandering idle
Poor mid-range power
and an almost non-existant low-end to the point where I had to slip the clutch a ton just to get moving.

All of these items started when I installed the unit and dissappeared when I removed the unit and went back to stock.

However, Ryan Hass has been great to work with, he sent me 3 or 4 different maps to try, and even looked up my phone number to call me personally to work with me on it. He went well over and beyond the call of duty for a $130 part to make me satisfied.

All I can say from my experience is it didn't work for me, but everyone else I've heard has said good things. I finally just pulled it, went back to stock and have it sitting on my bench at home. Someday I will try to install it again, but for now overall driveability has to me been much better stock.

Just a second opinion...
I'm shocked.. But I'll buy it from you.. I have friends who want them now...
post #5 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miweber929
Rough, wandering idle
Poor mid-range power
I have seen the issue with the low end, and a little into the mid range. I did have to re-adjust my idle after I installed and the RPM does move a hair back and fourth from what stock did, but nothing serious. I'm happy with the top end, but I would like to see alittle more of my bottom end come back. Going to try and change some stuff on the bike and get it custom mapped. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it, there were some noticeable gains in the top end of things.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirkbac
I have seen the issue with the low end, and a little into the mid range. I did have to re-adjust my idle after I installed and the RPM does move a hair back and fourth from what stock did, but nothing serious. I'm happy with the top end, but I would like to see alittle more of my bottom end come back. Going to try and change some stuff on the bike and get it custom mapped. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it, there were some noticeable gains in the top end of things.
Ditto that.. lost tad in the low end but from about 4-5K to redline it pulls like a freight train.. definately worth the 130 and more.. I changed the idle up a tad at first but I think its back to the original position now.. yes Haas is a very nice and great person to work with.

I just did away with the flapper and getting ready to tear the road up tonite on our weekly friday ride. I will let you know what that does..
post #7 of 11 Old 06-06-2004, 9:59 PM

I am running their map with a flipped valve (locked). Definately is better. Good low-end power still, good mid and excellent top. Can't imagine how the Eliminator must do. I kill all my friends' 954's now in straight line acceleration.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-07-2004, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGS
I am running their map with a flipped valve (locked). Definately is better. Good low-end power still, good mid and excellent top. Can't imagine how the Eliminator must do. I kill all my friends' 954's now in straight line acceleration.
Did the flapper mod and still missing a "tad" low end but wholy smoke mid to top pulls the like a BEAST!
post #9 of 11 Old 06-07-2004, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGS
I am running their map with a flipped valve (locked).
HUH???

Last edited by Calkidd; 06-07-2004 at 6:35 AM.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-07-2004, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkidd
HUH???
I think he means he locked the HTEV in the full open position.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-07-2004, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkidd
HUH???
Actually, take the valve out, flip it over, and reinstall it. Then smooth the inside out with metal filler.

Still not quite as smooth and not as matched on pipe size as the Eliminator. Money has just been tight for me lately.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page