stolen 929 in MA - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-06-2004, 8:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
stolen 929 in MA

my friend's 2000 y/b 929 was stolen from his apartment complex in Raynham, MA last night. It has flushmounts up front (carbon fiber I think with clear lenses, the bulbs are burnt out so if they aren't changed they should both not work and the backs will blink fast). rear blinkers are short stalks I think, I forget. Also a TwoBrothers bolt on oval aluminum. there are some scratches on both engine cases and the lower fairing has some scratches in the black (not sure if they're on both sides or not but could be both) and the left frame slider has a few small marks on the end from when he fell and smacked his nuts doing a donut. And the rear sprocket is down 1 tooth (the sprockets and chain should still look pretty clean as he just put them on this winter). the rear tire is a new dunlop D208. Other than that I think thats all that sets it apart (not that that really sets it apart from others)

but if everyone around here could keep an eye out for it that'd be cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-06-2004, 8:41 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: stolen 929 in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
my friend's 2000 y/b 929 was stolen from his apartment complex in Raynham, MA last night. It has flushmounts up front (carbon fiber I think with clear lenses, the bulbs are burnt out so if they aren't changed they should both not work and the backs will blink fast). rear blinkers are short stalks I think, I forget. Also a TwoBrothers bolt on oval aluminum. there are some scratches on both engine cases and the lower fairing has some scratches in the black (not sure if they're on both sides or not but could be both) and the left frame slider has a few small marks on the end from when he fell and smacked his nuts doing a donut. And the rear sprocket is down 1 tooth (the sprockets and chain should still look pretty clean as he just put them on this winter). the rear tire is a new dunlop D208. Other than that I think thats all that sets it apart (not that that really sets it apart from others)

but if everyone around here could keep an eye out for it that'd be cool.
Doubt if it will make it up here but that sucks.. seems like sportbikes and apartements dont mix. Alot of guys here in apts keep em at monthly storage units.. like 30 a month but saves the pain of getting your ride stolen.

post #3 of 10 Old 06-06-2004, 9:01 PM

Did he have any wheel locks or chains on it? Just curious.

Sucks it got stolen, keep an eye turned to Ebay for 929 stuff. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-07-2004, 1:22 AM

Reputation Power: 20

I was in MA last week... but it wasn't me. Although, given the weather, I would have if I were given the opportunity. I'm in riding withdrawal.

Sorry 'bout your friend's luck. It's really too bad this stuff happens.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
post #5 of 10 Old 06-07-2004, 9:18 AM

I'll keep an eye open for it!! You might want to check the want advertiser!

Mark
post #6 of 10 Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2954
I'll keep an eye open for it!! You might want to check the want advertiser!

Mark
Doubt anyone would fence it whole.. it will be parted and ebayed for sure.. or parted and sold localy.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-07-2004, 9:31 PM Thread Starter

yeah I was thinking of the ebay thing but the want ad might be a way too but you can't really sell a whole stolen bike because its been reported as stolen so it can't be registered to anyone cause it comes up as stolen in the registry computer. Another friend of ours got his bike stolen like 2 weeks after he moved to Florida (to flight instruct for a year). it was the first night he wasn't at his apartment. And no neither one of them had chains or locks (well the one who just got it stolen has a rotor lock I think but I don't think he uses it, he got it from a neighbor at the place he used to live at and I don't think he ever used it). He does lock the forks so that does make it a little harder to roll it up onto a truck. I don't see how no one can see a thing at these apartment complexes, its like no one cares anymore. My friend flipped over his handle bars the other day (another friend) and sure he sprung right back up I'm told but there were 2 people sitting onthe curb right where it happened and neither one of them said a single thing, when I see an accident I ask if the person is ok. Whats this world coming to?
post #8 of 10 Old 06-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
I don't see how no one can see a thing at these apartment complexes, its like no one cares anymore.
You should probably put that line in ""'s because people see, they just don't give a **** unless its theirs. Some people are just a-holes and never had to work for anything a day in their lives so taking what isn't theres is just the way it gets done, that is what the world is coming to.

Sorry to hear about your buddy's ride getting jacked, I'll keep my eyes peeled all the same.

I don't know how much effort it is worth but you may want to try some of the local cycle shops and see if anything "similar" comes in for repairs or they get any weird hits offering it f/s as a parts bike etc. At least try the bigger boys (GBM, Cycles!, BCC) fwiw. I'm not quite sure how the NH stuff goes with bike titles these days, but I think its pretty easy to get it sold/retitled in another state if it has been "totalled" or the frame replaced/restamped.

Good luck

Last edited by SomeStrangeGuy; 06-07-2004 at 11:02 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-08-2004, 12:08 AM

Bike week starts this weekend at Laconia NH, may be worthwhile to check in that area if your going up.

Good luck
post #10 of 10 Old 06-08-2004, 3:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeGuy
You should probably put that line in ""'s because people see, they just don't give a **** unless its theirs. Some people are just a-holes and never had to work for anything a day in their lives so taking what isn't theres is just the way it gets done, that is what the world is coming to.

Sorry to hear about your buddy's ride getting jacked, I'll keep my eyes peeled all the same.

I don't know how much effort it is worth but you may want to try some of the local cycle shops and see if anything "similar" comes in for repairs or they get any weird hits offering it f/s as a parts bike etc. At least try the bigger boys (GBM, Cycles!, BCC) fwiw. I'm not quite sure how the NH stuff goes with bike titles these days, but I think its pretty easy to get it sold/retitled in another state if it has been "totalled" or the frame replaced/restamped.

Good luck

people are dicks and I am amazed everyday at work (I pick up donations for a charity) at how people can find new ways of being stupid.
yeah we're always at a lot of the shops around here anyway. I also have no clue how the title thing works in other states but I assume if the vin number or title number is entered into any registry/police computer its gonna come up as stolen. It already has a rebuilt title (he bought it that way from Argo Cycle in NH, not sure if it was totaled and rebuilt or stolen and retitled)

We're starting to look for R1s for him, I don't know why he is switching from Honda, ever since I've known him he wanted the 954 and he's always loved all the Hondas really, but he can't afford a new bike now cause he just bought a brand new Chevy Colorado so we're gonna have to see what the insurance gives him and go from there

Last edited by CBR929RE; 06-08-2004 at 3:04 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page