power commander accelerator pump - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 06-07-2004, 9:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

power commander accelerator pump

Has anyone tried the accelerator pump mod you can download for the USB model power commanders?

It would be interesting to see if there are some gains to be had. It looks to me it would be kind of a guessing game to get it tuned just right.

Let me know if anyone has had any success with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 06-08-2004, 3:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: power commander accelerator pump

I haven't done one yet, but I think I know where it is needed now. With some of (I knowthe HRC ones anyway) the race computers, with different ignition and higher rev limiters etc, they don't run that feature that the standard computers have. We found out when we went from the standard computer on our race SP1 (pic in my avatar) to the HRC computer. All of a sudden, when you shut the throttle off to change gears (say 2nd - 3rd) you had a gap, from when you openned the throttle to the power coming on. That never happened with the standard computer, and it's apparently because, the HRC computer doesn't give that supply of fuel when needed after shutting off and whacking the throttle back open in gear changes etc. If we had the accelrator pump feature, we'd have been able to give the bike that bit of fuel needed in these times, and made it heaps smoother, and accelerate as soon as the throttle was openned with out the gap.
post #3 of 31 Old 11-20-2004, 7:07 AM

I have tried it on my F4i. All it does is give INSTANT pickup when you whack the throttle open in any degree. Is a nice add on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 03-15-2005, 6:20 PM

Reputation Power: 16

A couple of days ago I discovered that the accel pump upgrade software for PC3USB is free. I've downloaded and enabled it on the 954. Has anyone else done this and what settings are you using?

my bike
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
post #5 of 31 Old 03-16-2005, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPinOZ
A couple of days ago I discovered that the accel pump upgrade software for PC3USB is free. I've downloaded and enabled it on the 954. Has anyone else done this and what settings are you using?
How's it been running so far? I take it you have the stock ECU? Wondering if it's worth it (for me)...
post #6 of 31 Old 03-16-2005, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch
How's it been running so far? I take it you have the stock ECU? Wondering if it's worth it (for me)...
I'm running the stock ECU, a Micron slip-on, a PC3USB with a user submitted map (M110-TD59-2) from the Dynojet website for the French model with the Micron slip on and accel pump upgrade with 15% enrichment for 20 engine revs with 15% sensitivity. I've just read the accel pump doco and it seems I needed to up the sensitivity so I've set it to 90%. I've also upped the enrichment to 20%. I'll report back tomorrow after my morning commute - it's 11pm and raining in Canberra right now.

I'm not sure how "worth it" the PC3USB is unless you are going to fit a full system and get the PC set up properly on a dyno - ie a custom map. At my last track day at Eastern Creek a guy on a stock 954 and I were neck and neck down the straight every time. I think for me the PC has improved driveability by smoothing out throttle response when just cracking it on in 1st and maybe the power curve is a little smoother. I'm not even sure it is going to make much difference getting it dynoed without changing the exhaust. Anyone with a slip on notice much difference with a custom map?

I would add that knowing what I know now the mods I would do would be in this order
1. Scotts steering damper - done
2. Fork and shock work - not yet done but not too far away I hope
3. Power commander - done
4. Exhaust - didn't have the dollars so I went with a Micron slip-on. I may yet get the HTEV eliminator since it is fairly cheap and reversible. I'd feel a bit silly if I'd shelled out big bucks for a full system which would give me more top end at the expense of bottom end and mid range.

my bike

Last edited by RPinOZ; 03-16-2005 at 7:05 AM.
post #7 of 31 Old 03-16-2005, 7:53 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure how "worth it" the PC3USB is unless you are going to fit a full system and get the PC set up properly on a dyno - ie a custom map. At my last track day at Eastern Creek a guy on a stock 954 and I were neck and neck down the straight every time. I think for me the PC has improved driveability by smoothing out throttle response when just cracking it on in 1st and maybe the power curve is a little smoother. I'm not even sure it is going to make much difference getting it dynoed without changing the exhaust. Anyone with a slip on notice much difference with a custom map?

I would add that knowing what I know now the mods I would do would be in this order
1. Scotts steering damper - done
2. Fork and shock work - not yet done but not too far away I hope
3. Power commander - done
4. Exhaust - didn't have the dollars so I went with a Micron slip-on. I may yet get the HTEV eliminator since it is fairly cheap and reversible. I'd feel a bit silly if I'd shelled out big bucks for a full system which would give me more top end at the expense of bottom end and mid range.
I'm about to order a PC3usb to go w/ my new full system, I'm just wondering if doing the accelerator pump thing is worth it, that was my question.
post #8 of 31 Old 03-16-2005, 4:45 PM

For the time it takes to set it up on the pcIII(about 2 minutes)and its free,its worth it.Install the PC without it then once youve ridden a couple of times download the Acc Pump with reccomended stettings and go for another ride.
I noticed the throttle responce became instant when the gas was wacked on.I've got a bolt on with Hass eliminator and hitting the gas @ 7k rpm she just rips.Have a play with the settings,thats part of the fun in getting a new mod ain't it?
post #9 of 31 Old 03-16-2005, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiBlader
For the time it takes to set it up on the pcIII(about 2 minutes)and its free,its worth it.Install the PC without it then once youve ridden a couple of times download the Acc Pump with reccomended stettings and go for another ride.
I noticed the throttle responce became instant when the gas was wacked on.I've got a bolt on with Hass eliminator and hitting the gas @ 7k rpm she just rips.Have a play with the settings,thats part of the fun in getting a new mod ain't it?

Kiwi, I like the way you think

I've got so much work to do to this bike it's almost overwhelming. But in the process I will try everything. I'll do like you said and ride it for a bit w/o the pump, then d/L it and see what it does. Sounds good so far though, the more throttle response the better. The real question is what to do about these forks (terrible) but that's a whole other story.
post #10 of 31 Old 03-16-2005, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiBlader
Yep the AP upgrade is definitely worth adding on if you've aready got the PC.
Instant bite is how I'd describe it. I accidentally lifted a wheel on the way to work testing it and I wasn't really in the power band.

I'd probably reduce the sensitivity for track use.

my bike
post #11 of 31 Old 03-16-2005, 6:35 PM

RiPinOZ I accidentally lifted a wheel on the way to work testing it and I wasn't really in the power band.

Last edited by l'timbré; 03-16-2005 at 6:36 PM.
post #12 of 31 Old 03-17-2005, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l'timbré
RiPinOZ

my bike
post #13 of 31 Old 03-17-2005, 3:32 PM

I read that the acclerator pump is really more for V-twins rather than 4 cyl bikes because of the way the big cylinders need a bit of extra gas when you first open the throttle from closed. Something to do with them evaporating the fuel that is left in the port on a closed throttle. My dirtbike had a similar function in the carb to stop it bogging down.
post #14 of 31 Old 03-18-2005, 1:24 AM

Quote:
I accidentally lifted a wheel on the way to work testing it and I wasn't really in the power band.

I'm sorry but that made me bust out laughing too

I too have had a few of these accidental liftings happen on my watch
post #15 of 31 Old 03-18-2005, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch

I'm sorry but that made me bust out laughing too

I too have had a few of these accidental liftings happen on my watch
Do the mod. Then you can laugh if you like

my bike

Last edited by RPinOZ; 03-18-2005 at 3:30 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page