929 almost stolen - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-08-2004, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

929 almost stolen

Last night my 2001 929 was almost stolen. I live in a apartment and I have a single car port that is enclosed by 3 walls. I have my 929 on the right side of the wall and my Harley Davidson Softail Deuce right behind it and my wifes car was in the car port. My Harley has the factory alarm and I added the optional siren. I had the 929 covered up and the steering locked. Around 1230 am the alarm on my harley sounds. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and no one was there, but my 929 bike cover is on the ground and upon further inspection I found the wiring harness to the left of the head lamp (looking from the front of the bike to the rear) pulled down from the fairing below the headlamp disconnected. I started investigating, when I went to turn the bike on and when I did there was no electrical power. Once I reconnected the wiring harness power was restored. I believe they were in the final process of getting ready to move the 929 and they needed to move the harley to get the 929 out of the car port. I am glad I spent the additional money and purchased the optional siren for the Harley. The Harley saved my 929 from being stolen. I am going to install the Scorpio SR-i500 on the 929. I consider myself very fortunate to still be in possesion of my 929.

Last edited by Grunt; 06-09-2004 at 12:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-08-2004, 11:50 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: 929 almost stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt
Last night my 2001 929 was almost stolen. I live in a apartment and I have a single car port that is enclosed by 3 walls. I have my 929 on the right side of the wall and my Harley Davidson Softail Deuce right behind it and my wifes car was in the car port. My Harley has the factory alarm and I added the optional siren. I had the 929 covered up and the steering locked. Around 1230 am the alarm on my harley sounds. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and no one was there, but my 929 bike cover is on the ground and upon further inspection I found the wiring harness to the left of the head lamp (looking from the front of the bike to the rear) pulled down from the fairing below the headlamp disconnected. I started investigating, when I went to turn the bike on and when I did there was no electrical power. Once I reconnected the wiring harness power was restored. I believe they were in the fianl process of getting ready to move the 929 and they needed to move the harley to get the 929 out of the car port. I am glad I spent the additional money and purchased the optional siren for the Harley. The Harley saved my 929 from being stolen. I am going to install the Scorpio SR-i500 on the 929. I consider myself very fortunate to still be in possesion of my 929.
Had my first 929 stolen on new years day 2002. Apartment carport, U-lock in the rear, stearing lock on, car T-boned in front of it blocking it in. I got the keys to my new house that day and new years eve, vowed that I would put the bike in my new garage first thing. Never had the chance. I am pretty sure it was a set up by the people in the apartment complex. They found it 3 months later after I already had my second bike. It was crashed, spray painted all over including engine, frame, etc. All VIN's chiseled off except the HUGE one on the side of the frame...morons. All that for a 3 months joy ride. Poor bike.

-Shrub

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
post #3 of 15 Old 06-08-2004, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Last night my 2001 929 was almost stolen. I live in a apartment and I have a single car port that is enclosed by 3 walls. I have my 929 on the right side of the wall and my Harley Davidson Softail Deuce right behind it and my wifes car was in the car port. My Harley has the factory alarm and I added the optional siren. I had the 929 covered up and the steering locked. Around 1230 am the alarm on my harley sounds. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and no one was there, but my 929 bike cover is on the ground and upon further inspection I found the wiring harness to the left of the head lamp (looking from the front of the bike to the rear) pulled down from the fairing below the headlamp disconnected. I started investigating, when I went to turn the bike on and when I did there was no electrical power. Once I reconnected the wiring harness power was restored. I believe they were in the fianl process of getting ready to move the 929 and they needed to move the harley to get the 929 out of the car port. I am glad I spent the additional money and purchased the optional siren for the Harley. The Harley saved my 929 from being stolen. I am going to install the Scorpio SR-i500 on the 929. I consider myself very fortunate to still be in possesion of my 929.
Sorry to hear about that.. but atleast the theifs had good taste and left the Harley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 34

damn, good cause for a backup battery too Im guessing?
Glad to hear it remains, hopefully lightning doesen't strike twice
post #5 of 15 Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Glad to hear you still have your bike! My brothers GSXR got stolen from in front of my moms apartment. And he said he knew it was a bad idea to leave it there but did it anyway!!! IDIOT!!

" At RE/MAX We Support Breast Cancer Research And The Childrens Miracle Network "
post #6 of 15 Old 06-10-2004, 10:20 AM

Good for you grunt. Glad to hear those dickheads probably got the **** scared out of them when that siren went off.

Post some pics of the Deuce!
post #7 of 15 Old 06-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 31

Thieves (and potential thieves) make my blood boil!

Glad you didn't lose your bike.

Is a paradigm worth 20 cents?
post #8 of 15 Old 06-10-2004, 3:36 PM

That's one way to make user of the Harley.... I'm surprised nothing else fell off when the alarm went off. *ducks!*

JOKING dude, I bet you it still feels crap having your stuff touched though.

Get a garage built.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-10-2004, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Last night my 2001 929 was almost stolen. I live in a apartment and I have a single car port that is enclosed by 3 walls. I have my 929 on the right side of the wall and my Harley Davidson Softail Deuce right behind it and my wifes car was in the car port. My Harley has the factory alarm and I added the optional siren. I had the 929 covered up and the steering locked. Around 1230 am the alarm on my harley sounds. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and no one was there, but my 929 bike cover is on the ground and upon further inspection I found the wiring harness to the left of the head lamp (looking from the front of the bike to the rear) pulled down from the fairing below the headlamp disconnected. I started investigating, when I went to turn the bike on and when I did there was no electrical power. Once I reconnected the wiring harness power was restored. I believe they were in the final process of getting ready to move the 929 and they needed to move the harley to get the 929 out of the car port. I am glad I spent the additional money and purchased the optional siren for the Harley. The Harley saved my 929 from being stolen. I am going to install the Scorpio SR-i500 on the 929. I consider myself very fortunate to still be in possesion of my 929.
get a pit bull
post #10 of 15 Old 06-10-2004, 7:26 PM

Welcome to the .org, Grunt! Glad to hear that you still have your bike.
post #11 of 15 Old 07-08-2004, 12:41 PM

Quote:
A buddy of mine who owns a Harley once said to me" if you don't want your Harley stolen, just throw a Honda cover over it" Bastards. Glad to hear the Harley or boat anchor was good for something .Bloody thieves are everywhere these days.

Last edited by klittlekdawg; 07-08-2004 at 12:42 PM.
post #12 of 15 Old 07-08-2004, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klittlekdawg
A buddy of mine who owns a Harley once said to me" if you don't want your Harley stolen, just throw a Honda cover over it" Bastards. Glad to hear the Harley or boat anchor was good for something .Bloody thieves are everywhere these days.
OK, off the topic just a little, but this reminded me of a concert. Imagine thousands of stoners/drinkers/party animals at a Judas Priest concert. The lights go down and everyone starts cheering, then there's an amplified Harley exhaust, revving over and over. The crowd's going freaking crazy! Then, Rob Halford rides this Harley on the stage, the crowd's going even more bonkers, wait a minute, THAT'S NOT A HARLEY - IT'S A HONDA!
I was laughing soo hard at the conused bewildered look on these heavy metal Harley fans as they squinted over and over to verify it said Honda. LMFAO!
post #13 of 15 Old 07-08-2004, 1:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to GhostRider

Thieves SUCK!!!

Glad to hear you still have your ride Grunt

aboard!

Bikes and women - both have nice curves.
post #14 of 15 Old 07-08-2004, 3:05 PM

Good things being said about a Harley huh...who would have thought...

Glad to hear you still got you bike... I'm thinking you need a sniper rifle on a tripod pointed at the car port with the night vision scope (just my thoughts)

Superdave: Nice flashback
post #15 of 15 Old 07-08-2004, 11:51 PM

Uhh-rahh Grunt!
Glad they didn't get away with your bike!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page