Oh, THAT Doug...the dyno begins! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2004, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Oh, THAT Doug...the dyno begins!

I may have been seriously wrong with my assesment of this shop. I thought this dyno shop was going to be a joke at first. Yes, I decided to give these guys another shot at Maximum Performance and Handling. The same shop that told me I couldn't save my custom map and that I would have to go to the shop if I ever needed it reloaded. Note to business owners, don't let unqualified people answer the phone if they're not sure what they're talking about, may scare off potential customers. Anyway, Doug yelled in the background "yes, you can save it to where ever you want".

So I dropped off the bike this morning and I go into the shop. In the parking lot there's this huge race setup RV with "MPH" logos all over it.

There were at least a dozen race bikes in the shop, a beautiful drag setup Busa, custom choppers (S&S?), along with plenty of other sportbikes.
Then I noticed "his" bike. Bright orange GSX-R 750. Where have I seen this bike? Wait a minute, Doug? This is the guy who was practicing before a race at Nelson Ledges while I was finishing up a Advanced Street Rider event. Now I remember. I was all giddy in turn 5 when I almost dragged a knee puck and this bright orange missle comes flying past dragging his freakin elbow! Passed me like I was sittin still. After lapping me a couple hundred times I followed him as he pulled a power wheelie through the entire straight! (He's pretty tight with the owner of Nelson Ledges) He also gave some instruction during one of our classes. This guy has been racing a long time. I saw his trophys in the shop, 2003 WERA First Place GSX-R 750, trophy here, trophy there. And I was questioning if he knew how to dyno a bike.

Well anyway, the bike is there and we'll see what happens. They already told me they're behind schedule and it may be Saturday before I can pick it up.
Still unsure of some of Doug's comments in prior conversations (synthetic oil, starter valve procedure, mapping), but maybe I was talking to one his techs. I just can't remember. I do want to shoot the sh$t with him when I pick up the bike.

Yea, I was worried about reminding these guys about my reversed shifting and normal running temperature and ideal A/F range. Now I feel like I just tried to give an Abtech racing tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2004, 11:34 AM

Re: Oh, THAT Doug...the dyno begins!

Cool,post the #'s when it's done.The last line made me laugh,I have felt like that before.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2004, 5:41 PM

Doug is the Man, Tons of experience, just ask and he will freely share. Really a nice guy ,IMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-09-2004, 8:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hahaha funny. But just remember, coz he can ride fast, doesn't mean he knows how to dyno a bike........the guy that rides our SP1 is a friggin weapon, but what he knows about mapping a bike, you could put on the back of a postage stamp and have an acre left. Let us know how you go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page