CBR1000RR Arata graph - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 4:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

CBR1000RR Arata graph

OK, as promised, I've stayed back late to finish my mates CBR1000RR with the system and mapping. The graph is over speed, because when we first ran it, we didn't bother to hook up the pick up for the rpm, therefore I can't show you the graph over rpm. Anyway, this gives you a good idea of what you can expect from putting an Arata system onto your bike, and mapping it. Enjoy.

Last edited by The Sook; 05-03-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 5:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Re: CBR1000RR Arata graph

That looks very interesting, I'll have to keep it mind if I ever update

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #3 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 7:12 AM

Torque?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 8:54 AM

Just curious, is this guy an amateur racer or club racer or maybe a track junkie? Brand spanking new CBR1000RR making almost 150HP as is, and immediately gets an Arata system and custom mapping to push it to 160HP? Wow Looks like a very smooth curve

Seems kinda like buying a brand new V10 Dodge Viper and immediately investing in a NOS system.
post #5 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 8:56 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave
Seems kinda like buying a brand new V10 Dodge Viper and immediately investing in a NOS system.

and what would be wrong with that

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #6 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 11:00 AM

Looks very close to the gains provided by the akra pipe according to their website. Looks like Micron gives the most increase so far (14hp), at least on 1 particular bike.

By the way, how does the map look (what numbers) in the 6K-9K range at 100% throttle?

Last edited by hiside; 06-17-2004 at 11:01 AM.
post #7 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Just curious, is this guy an amateur racer or club racer or maybe a track junkie? Brand spanking new CBR1000RR making almost 150HP as is, and immediately gets an Arata system and custom mapping to push it to 160HP? Wow Looks like a very smooth curve

Hmmmm--seeing as I am doing the exact same thing maybe I can add some clarity.

Stock the RR is about dead even w/a 03 GSXR1 with a pipe/PC--by adding a Arata/PC3--the RR will pull a GSXR/R1/ZX-10.

So if you are racing any non-production class its nice to have the xtra power.

It would be interesting to try it w/o and air filter--as the stockers(s) have a ton of wire mesh on them so they are quite restrictive
post #8 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929Boomer
Hmmmm--seeing as I am doing the exact same thing maybe I can add some clarity.

Stock the RR is about dead even w/a 03 GSXR1 with a pipe/PC--by adding a Arata/PC3--the RR will pull a GSXR/R1/ZX-10.

So if you are racing any non-production class its nice to have the xtra power.

It would be interesting to try it w/o and air filter--as the stockers(s) have a ton of wire mesh on them so they are quite restrictive
OK, that seems logical, ie competitive advantage. It would interesting to know how many serious track competitors there are on this site. I doubt I'll ever have the kahonas to be a licensed serious racer.

Last edited by SuperDave; 06-17-2004 at 1:12 PM.
post #9 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 1:22 PM

Quote:
OK, that seems logical, ie competitive advantage. It would interesting to know how many serious track competitors there are on this site. I doubt I'll ever have the kahonas to be a licensed serious racer.
One

BTW--took "top novice" in the AFM Open GP last Sunday on the RR---not that big of a deal--but fun nonetheless
post #10 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929Boomer
One

BTW--took "top novice" in the AFM Open GP last Sunday on the RR---not that big of a deal--but fun nonetheless
Not that big of a deal? Dude, that's too cool! Way to go!!!
post #11 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Two?

It'll happen if you really want it. I did 2 seasons of trackdays to prepare for my first season of racing. I wanted to win, not still learning the basics as a back marker. Got my first victory at RRR last weekend! Several full liters in the class including a new R1, but 'little' hondas finishing 1 & 2 (954 & 929) It was a great feeling!

Ok back to the topic..sorta...what's the wieght difference from the stocker to the Arata? Wishfully hopeing it's 40 lbs? Hopefully they drop some weight and get the motor reving quicker....then I'll think about upgrading to the big honda.
post #12 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 3:38 PM

Congrats 02FBlade! Even the advanced riders at the small track I've been at, scare me with their ability. Total concentration and apparently no fear. Sorry for the threadjack! Back to the Arata numbers...
post #13 of 19 Old 06-17-2004, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can only give torque on the finished run, as like I said, I didn't have the rev pick up on for the stock run. I'll get it on later for you. If you want, I'll overlap the CBR with the R1 I did with the Yosh slip ons. Or just the CBR, up to you.
My mate called me this morning and said you can definately feel the difference in weight. That was the biggest thing. I'm not sure of the numbers but it is a BIG difference. I was sort of dissapointed with the increase, but I won't know how it compares until I start seeing different bikes with different systems. The good thing was, that he said it's still smooth as silk down low (mapping) The fueling was WAY out with the system on it. I'll go back and have a lok at the actual numbers, but I remember at some points, it couldn't pull enough fuel out of it. VERY VERY rich. But other parts were just as lean. It really is all over the place before we mapped it. My mate said " I thought that bike was the smoothest thing I would ever ride, until now" Hahaha
post #14 of 19 Old 06-18-2004, 1:39 AM

Reputation Power: 16

That looks really good Sook, thanks for the info. (memo to self, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipedon't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipedon't need more power, don't need loud pipe.....)

Of course you can only dyno comparisons using the the same dyno ie yours we dont need no my dyno reads more than yours posts.

What fuel were you using BP 98?? Have you got Thorstens Airbox yet??

Could you post some photos of the fitted pipe? So far i think that the Yosh is the best looking.
post #15 of 19 Old 06-18-2004, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sook
OK, as promised, I've stayed back late to finish my mates CBR1000RR with the system and mapping. The graph is over speed, because when we first ran it, we didn't bother to hook up the pick up for the rpm, therefore I can't show you the graph over rpm. Anyway, this gives you a good idea of what you can expect from putting an Arata system onto your bike, and mapping it. Enjoy.
The gains for the Arata look spot-on to what I am expecting. My pipe came in today and is being installed on my 1000rr with "before" and "after" dynos.

I asked the shop to use Dan's map in the pc3usb, but to clean it up as needed for my individual bike. On the phone today the shop told me the bike dynoed "before" at SAE 145.5rwhp (don't know torque) yet. This is a stingy dyno based on what my 954 pulled and what other bikes have pulled. A new R1 is basically dead even with my 1000rr on this dyno hp wise per the shop--I bet the rr got it in torque though (I will get all the #s and dyno overlays, etc.). I think my 954 was 125.xrwhp stock and 137rwhp with the Arata and pc3 and it was THE strongest 954 dynoed.

On my 954 with the Arata and Dan's map (no changes) I gained 11.xrwhp and 4rwtrq; the gains were everywhere and noticeable (a distinct difference from say Akra which can lose down low and puts most of the gains up top--more of a pure race pipe).

The best '04 R1 the shop has seen with a full system (Graves?--not sure) and pc3usb w/custom map hit 156rwhp.

IMO a gain of more than 12rwhp and 6rwtrq from a street pipe is very suspect; i.e., I doubt it. The manufacturers do a pretty good job wringing out the power stock. In fact, Honda, being relatively conservative tends to leave more hidden power than the others. For example, the Arata did not add too much power to the R1 on Dan's site.

Weight-wise, I believe the difference is 12-15lbs difference (the 600rr Arata saves about 14lbs).

When I have the dyno results and graphs I will open a thread and ask for a link to instructions to post the graphs as thumbnails.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page