First Track Day on the CBR1KRR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-20-2004, 8:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

First Track Day on the CBR1KRR

First track day on the blade under the belt and what a difference to the SP1

I was defiantly faster through the corners on the blade though I did have some issues in getting the suspension set up for the track. The power on the straight was, well impressive.

You do not have any idea at all what this bike is capable off when riding street, if you have one of these bikes you have to go to the track!
1 Was having some problems getting the suspension set up as apart from the front pre load being wound right in was running the standard settings.
2 Wound the front compression and rebound damping up two turns which helped.
3 I used to bottom out the SP all the time under braking but had no issues with the blade so the front was working well.
4 In the end I had the rear shock on number 8 for preload and one turn up on compression and rebound damping.
5 My main problem was that I was not turning on to the apex where I wanted to be so my line was out by at least a metre and when I was on the gas she tended to run wide rather than track on my required line.
6 From the above my turn in points probably need working on.
7 I was a bit tentative on the throttle and if I was more aggressive I could probably cut off another couple of seconds off the lap time. But there again I am there for the corners (well thatís my excuse and am sticking to it)
8 My corner speeds are an issue and felt that when I was in the corners I could have had a faster entry speed and corner speed. I think that this is a fear barrier and once I get a bit more track time I should be able to move through this barrier. This is obviously me and not the bike.
9 The throttle seemed very on off, so when you crack the throttle open at the apex you get a kick, again I will have to get used to this.
10 The steering damper worked and if the front end wobbled it was quickly were taken care of.
11 The brakes sucked on the track with a progressive loss of pressure during the session. I am sure that there is some air in the system that only came out when the fluid got hot. A good bleed and braided lines should sort this out.
12 014ís worked well, got hot quickly and, well they just worked.

All up did about 250 kilometres on the track and went through a tank plus 8 litres that I took with me in a back pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-21-2004, 4:08 AM

Reputation Power: 22

Re: First Track Day on the CBR1KRR

cool, wish i had a bike.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-21-2004, 7:32 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Good review. We also need your track day pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-21-2004, 8:31 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Glad to hear your happy with the bike

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #5 of 8 Old 06-21-2004, 5:38 PM

Your's came with 014's? Mine came with Pirelli Super Corsas.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-22-2004, 3:03 AM
nkz

Pirelli Super Corsa? Are you sure is not Pirelli Corsa? Because mine came with Pirelli Diablo Corsa !!!

Anyway the bike it's great. Gives me "nasty" feelings. I love her more and more eatch day.
Form my inconvenience, I live in Romania and we don't have a race track here, but I'll try to go in Hungary or somewhere closer.
Now I have 2k km with the bike and the engine begins tu push harder. I heard after 3k km it will be perfect. Let's see !
post #7 of 8 Old 06-22-2004, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkz
Pirelli Super Corsa? Are you sure is not Pirelli Corsa? Because mine came with Pirelli Diablo Corsa !!!
Woops, yes I meant Pirelli Diablo Corsa.

Last edited by aussie_929; 06-22-2004 at 3:33 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-22-2004, 6:48 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232

great info thanks hokoyo

I'm finding that my brakes are developing a lot of slack just getting around the streets, and there are others here that have commented how fast teh pads are disappearing.

How have your pads pulled up after the track?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page