Hammer noise bottom of engine??? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 9:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hammer noise bottom of engine???

After getting the valves and cam chain ten. inspected, everithing was within specs.

I listened a few engine and I notoced something different in mine. The kawi 600 I compared to my 54 was different in this way... when you give the bike some gaz at iddle, the revs go up in a '' thight'' sound like everithing rolls on a bearing and wants to rev more. Just like a electric engine. The difference is when you let go of the gaz, the 600 ends its reving in the same thight sound no bang bang nothing rev me more it says. On the other hand mine makes a sound like if the crank was loose or something, rev, bang bang bang.

Is this normal? could it be the exaust valve?

I have a hard time beliving that it is possible on a Honda!!!!! 2002 with 35000km? always treated with love on the maintenance part.????

Anybody hear the same thing?

Thanks a lot

Denis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 10:10 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Re: Hammer noise bottom of engine???

Do you have the stock exhaust? The HTEV makes lots of noises.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatnAsphalt

Second that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatnAsphalt

I have a slip on, how does the HTEV work, would the valve move in symphony with the rpms ? And does it rattle only when letting go of the gaz?
post #5 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l'timbré
I have a slip on, how does the HTEV work, would the valve move in symphony with the rpms ? And does it rattle only when letting go of the gaz?
Yes, it opens and closes with the revs... It rattles tons when letting off but it rattled a little for me upon acceleration. That's why I got rid of it....
post #6 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 11:13 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

I remember mine with the vibration....damn that was annoying.

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #7 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 12:23 PM

I have a pinging noise when I acelerate. its weird because at idle you dont hear it, when you hammer the thottle, it just tick tick tick tick tick tick tick and only gets faster with the RPMS... book says wrong octane, poor fuel, wrong temp grade of plugs or carbon build up in the chamber.....

So how do ya get carbon out of a combustion chamber without a teardown.

Archer
post #8 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 1:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA929RR
Yes, it opens and closes with the revs... It rattles tons when letting off but it rattled a little for me upon acceleration. That's why I got rid of it....

NO $HIT!!!!! Is there a way for me to unplug it and see if it gets rid of the sound I am hearing?
post #9 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 2:14 PM

Quote:
NO $HIT!!!!! Is there a way for me to unplug it and see if it gets rid of the sound I am hearing?
I wouldn't unplug it. (You can disconnect it to make sure it is the noise you are hearing but I don't advise it) It will effect your top end performance as it open the exhaust in to a "true" 4 into 2 into 1 configuration. At low RPMs it stays closed and closes off 2 of the the exhaust ports to increase low RPM torque.. The only real options you have are a full exhaust or if you already have a slip on get the HASS eliminator.. I already had a Micron so I chose to go the eliminator rout. As I have said before, it's the best $138 I have spent on the bike...No RATTLE and more power!!

Last edited by VA929RR; 06-22-2004 at 2:15 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 2:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA929RR
I wouldn't unplug it. (You can disconnect it to make sure it is the noise you are hearing but I don't advise it) It will effect your top end performance as it open the exhaust in to a "true" 4 into 2 into 1 configuration. At low RPMs it stays closed and closes off 2 of the the exhaust ports to increase low RPM torque.. The only real options you have are a full exhaust or if you already have a slip on get the HASS eliminator.. I already had a Micron so I chose to go the eliminator rout. As I have said before, it's the best $138 I have spent on the bike...No RATTLE and more power!!
oK I would just disconnect it and leave it on the side stand to hear the difference. I would jump on the hass eliminator if got rid of ''the'' sound I am hearing...

Thanks!!

How do I disconnect it?
post #11 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 2:35 PM

Quote:
oK I would just disconnect it and leave it on the side stand to hear the difference. I would jump on the hass eliminator if got rid of ''the'' sound I am hearing...

Thanks!!

How do I disconnect it?
You can dissconnect the cables from the servo on the left side of the bike kind of under the tank. Just follow the cables up from the HTEV. Remember, the noise may still be there because the "guts" inside the HTEV are what are making the noise. So as long as it's on the bike, you going to hear it..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page