Hindle Bolt on question - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-10-2004, 7:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Hindle Bolt on question

Haven't finished the GPR Damper install yet working on Hindle exhaust
can. I will post pics and descriptions when I am done with all the addons.
The replacement GPR base came in and I have that mounted and torqued
down. After I get the can installed I will finish the damper.

Anyway, I got a Hindle oval carbon fiber bolton exhaust can. It came with no
instructions and nothing but the bolts and clamp to mount it. I am wondering if I should used the stock exhaust gasket? Or get and some gasket material and use that? The stock gasket is about an 8th of an inch think and doesn't let the exhaust can mount flush to the stock pipe mounts. Anyone out there install the Hindle oval can on a 03 954? And if so can you tell me what you did for the gasket?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-11-2004, 8:45 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Hindle Bolt on question

My gasket would not come off, I just tightened the can against it and it worked just fine. The little gap was unoticed to anyone but me. If fits really tight over the cone on the end of the pipe. I would recommend removing that as well.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-12-2004, 6:25 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 18

Re: Hindle Bolt on question

Removed the Honda stock gasket and used the High Temp Copper RTV sealant. Haven't started the bike yet. Letting the sealant cure overnight. I am worried I didn't make a large enough bead though. If not, I will take it apart, clean it and start over. Funny thing about the cone. I don't have one. I live in California and the catalytic converter appears to be in the stock can. A large honeycomb mass is in the base of the stock can. So I would imagine a stock exhaust can would be pretty price. Also, the stock can has a "nice" bend internally. It definitely is not straight though. Just getting rid of that can should give me a nice like pick me up when I turn the throttle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page