NITROUS!!!!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 02-08-2004
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
NITROUS!!!!!!

been toying with the thought of putting nitrous on my 954 and was wondering what is the best way to go. Links and personal preference would be great. What are the bikes limits and how hard is the install.
rocket954 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 1:27 AM
 
Join Date: 01-06-2004
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Maybe a sneaky peet system, nice and small makes it usable. Anything bigger would make it pain to keep the front end on the ground. Unless you had the front strapped and/or a extended swing arm. I hate nitrous personaly, its just cheater juice, and does too much damage in my opinion. All though I love nitrous on a shifter cart, that was pretty fun. You could pick up a sneaky peet system for a Benji or two, it would work great for 5th and 6th gear highway pulls.
Nick the Quick is offline  
post #3 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 5:49 AM
 
Join Date: 06-17-2004
Location: Nampa, ID USA
Age: 45
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

I drag race with a bunch of guys using 15-20 HP dry shot systems. They shoot it into the front of the airbox. The NOS drops the temp inside the airbox and the air temp sensor richens up the mixture to compesate. If you go any bigger than that you would need a wet system or a custom map that probly would be too rich to use without the bottle. Sneaky pete systems work good but the bottles are very small and cool the bottle too quickly when flowing juice. Get as big a bottle as possible, or a bottle heater. Hell, get both.....and hold on!
BoiseRR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 7:55 AM
 
Join Date: 02-09-2004
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

I use a 40 shot, all you have to do is go up 2 bars on the high with your power commander. I got about 50 1/4 mile passes with no problems.

Last edited by sonicsbomb; 08-09-2004 at 7:56 AM.
sonicsbomb is offline  
post #5 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 8:54 AM
Sponsor
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-25-2001
Location: Virgina Beach, Va
Age: 42
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsbomb
I use a 40 shot, all you have to do is go up 2 bars on the high with your power commander. I got about 50 1/4 mile passes with no problems.

I also have a 40 shot and have no problems, except my clutches were slipping, but I had 14,000 miles on them, so I had to replace them. I've got the bottle in the trunk beside the air shifter bottle. I have a switch mounted on the front fairing facing me and when I flip it, my starter button is my NOS button. I'll get about 4, 1/8th mile sprays and 2, 1/4mile runs before I change my bottles. I have two, but will probably get one or two more.
SilverBullet is offline  
post #6 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 9:03 AM
 
Join Date: 02-09-2004
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
I also have a 40 shot and have no problems, except my clutches were slipping, but I had 14,000 miles on them, so I had to replace them. I've got the bottle in the trunk beside the air shifter bottle. I have a switch mounted on the front fairing facing me and when I flip it, my starter button is my NOS button. I'll get about 4, 1/8th mile sprays and 2, 1/4mile runs before I change my bottles. I have two, but will probably get one or two more.
I went with 10 percent heavier spring and have no problems, 4k miles on the stock clutch so far Also I get about 4 1/4 mile passes one 2 pound bottle, mounted in my swingarm
sonicsbomb is offline  
post #7 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Sponsor
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-25-2001
Location: Virgina Beach, Va
Age: 42
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsbomb
I went with 10 percent heavier spring and have no problems, 4k miles on the stock clutch so far Also I get about 4 1/4 mile passes one 2 pound bottle, mounted in my swingarm

Yeah, I probably could get another pass out of mine, but I'm worried I will need it and not have enough. I usually only spray to stay ahead or play catch up fast if I need too. Where did you get your springs from? I need them this week. Thanks

Jason
SilverBullet is offline  
post #8 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 11:40 AM
 
Join Date: 02-09-2004
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Yeah, I probably could get another pass out of mine, but I'm worried I will need it and not have enough. I usually only spray to stay ahead or play catch up fast if I need too. Where did you get your springs from? I need them this week. Thanks

Jason
any aftermarket clutch makes them mine are EBC I think.13 bucks

My bike went 9.38 @ 150mph Sat. ate 3 diffrent Busa`s two Busa`s spaying 60 shots and one 225hp all motor busa. Funny when they get the leave on me and a little 954 motor bye`s on top
sonicsbomb is offline  
post #9 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Sponsor
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-25-2001
Location: Virgina Beach, Va
Age: 42
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsbomb
any aftermarket clutch makes them mine are EBC I think.13 bucks

My bike went 9.38 @ 150mph Sat. ate 3 diffrent Busa`s two Busa`s spaying 60 shots and one 225hp all motor busa. Funny when they get the leave on me and a little 954 motor bye`s on top

Yep, only one busa here that has beat me in the 1/8th, and thats my co-owner. 1400 big bore kit and 40 shot. 8.60's 1/4 @ 165 for him.
SilverBullet is offline  
post #10 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 1:04 PM
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Sounds like it actually works pretty good...guess I'm glad I didin't make a smart ass remark like, "buy a stack of head gaskets with your bottle."



luvtolean is offline  
post #11 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 1:20 PM
Sponsor
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-25-2001
Location: Virgina Beach, Va
Age: 42
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
Sounds like it actually works pretty good...guess I'm glad I didin't make a smart ass remark like, "buy a stack of head gaskets with your bottle."

Yep, so far. We'll see how long it can handle it.
SilverBullet is offline  
post #12 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 1:34 PM
 
Join Date: 02-09-2004
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Yep, so far. We'll see how long it can handle it.
Whats your bike hitting in mph through the traps? Are you running a 520 conversion? I was thinking about it but I`m afraid of snapping a chain
sonicsbomb is offline  
post #13 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 1:46 PM
 
Join Date: 10-03-2003
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

I have a NOS brand dry kit for my bike just sittin here. I wanna switch to a wet kit but I wanted to ask you guys what limits you can reach.....shot wise with a dry kit?

I've used 100/125 shots with dry kits on past cars, but bikes...id rather ask someone else.

So far, my best e.t./mph at the track is 10.68/135. What gains did you guys have comin from the nitrous only?

I pondered stretching the swingarm and lowering it a tad, but i'm enjoying practicing wheelies right now. If I end up getting a 954, i'll stretch and lower that.
victoRR is offline  
post #14 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 2:00 PM
 
Join Date: 02-09-2004
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoRR
I have a NOS brand dry kit for my bike just sittin here. I wanna switch to a wet kit but I wanted to ask you guys what limits you can reach.....shot wise with a dry kit?

I've used 100/125 shots with dry kits on past cars, but bikes...id rather ask someone else.

So far, my best e.t./mph at the track is 10.68/135. What gains did you guys have comin from the nitrous only?

I pondered stretching the swingarm and lowering it a tad, but i'm enjoying practicing wheelies right now. If I end up getting a 954, i'll stretch and lower that.
40 shot #36 jet would be the biggest safest jet I was told
sonicsbomb is offline  
post #15 of 60 Old 08-09-2004, 7:36 PM
Sponsor
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-25-2001
Location: Virgina Beach, Va
Age: 42
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
   
Re: NITROUS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsbomb
40 shot #36 jet would be the biggest safest jet I was told

Exactamungo again Sonic! Same here, I tried a #42 nozzle and the bike couldnt handle it......tach went straight to the rev limiter.
SilverBullet is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome