Need PC3 w/ slip on? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-13-2004, 1:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need PC3 w/ slip on?

Hey guy's. I've searched and searched but can't really find any good info. I'm looking at the Devil 3/4 system for my 954. I'd rather not mess w/ the Power Commander after reading of some of them failing. Will I need the PC3 with this exhaust? A guy I met last week said his 954 was harder to start when he just cut the cone off the stk exhaust with the stock can. I started mine up with the stock can removed(cone still on) and noticed it was lean stalling while just reving it, but the engine was cold. I'm just afraid the Devil will cause this all of the time unless I get a PC3.

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-13-2004, 4:13 PM

Re: Need PC3 w/ slip on?

It's not ABSOLUTELY neccessary, but the PC3 WILL make your bike MUCH easier to ride and perform better too. Mine is custom mapped w/Hindle full pipe....143hp/72ft/lbs torque and the throttle is like butta! No more herky jerkyness at all!
post #3 of 7 Old 08-13-2004, 4:18 PM

Check the for 'sale/wanted' column, Tank69 just listed one for sale for $225, a pretty good deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-13-2004, 4:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke
It's not ABSOLUTELY neccessary, but the PC3 WILL make your bike MUCH easier to ride and perform better too. Mine is custom mapped w/Hindle full pipe....143hp/72ft/lbs torque and the throttle is like butta! No more herky jerkyness at all!
Will the exhaust cause the "herky jerkyness", or are you talking about what already exists on the stk ecu mapping?

Thanks, Scott
post #5 of 7 Old 08-13-2004, 4:26 PM

The exhaust may or may not make the stock ecu throttle responce even worse, depends on the exhaust. Since the Devil 3/4 system retains the stock exhaust valve (HTEV), it wouldn't be as bad as putting a full system on w/o getting a PC3. But a PC3 will make even a totally stock bike run much smoother w/ a custom map. Some people have had good luck useing other's maps as well. Dynojet has an assortment of maps for the 954 on their site and a few people here will share theirs also.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-13-2004, 4:32 PM

Simonkobe has a 3/4 TSR system for $400, don't know if you'd be interested in it or not. Looks pretty sweet in the pic. Don't know how much shipping would be from Japan though. I bet you'd be the only one around with that pipe! Oh yeah, welcome to da .org!

Last edited by slowpoke; 08-13-2004 at 4:35 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-13-2004, 4:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke
Simonkobe has a 3/4 TSR system for $400, don't know if you'd be interested in it or not. Looks pretty sweet in the pic. Don't know how much shipping would be from Japan though. I bet you'd be the only one around with that pipe! Oh yeah, welcome to da .org!
Yikes, getting that over here would be some task. I'll probably just do the Devil highmount system. My local guy can get me a really good deal on it. But, it would be neat having a unique TSR.

Thanks, I looked for this site a while back and thought it was down. I just stumbled apon it again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page