929 headlight problems - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-10-2004, 6:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

929 headlight problems

First of all, I hope this is not a repost. I have searched on here and found alot of headlight problems but none quite like this. My low beams work fine(middle light bulb). However, when I switch to high beams the left and right bulbs do not come on. Also I get no high beam indicator on dash panel. I have replaced bulbs, checked fuses, all my connnections and just about anything else I could think of. Taillights, brake lights, speedo and tach work fine. Has anybody heard of this problem or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-11-2004, 6:46 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage
Re: 929 headlight problems

Did you check the switch?

I know you said you checked everything you could think of and this is an obvious starting point so.... if nothing else, I bumped your thread back to the top.

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-11-2004, 12:20 PM

Yeap. Pull the two little screws on the switch and make sure that it's not jacked up with corrosion. Another thing you might check is to be SURE both bulbs just did not burn out. Any easy check is to pull the wire and see if you have current to the lamps *or* swap the low-beam plug to either/both of the highs and see if they ignite. It's not uncommon for both bulbs to burn out with days of each other.

Around here Hondas seem to suffer switchgear woes due to the moisture so it's common to pull them apart from time to time and re-grease the insides and clean any corrosion as required.

Good luck and post what you find and how you fix it so the next sod does not have to forge out into the wilderness..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-12-2004, 4:02 PM Thread Starter

Alright, I took the switch apart and it seems to be free of corrosion. I can now get a high beam indicator on the dash display(which I had before the switch operation) but when I plug a light bulb in the high beam indicator goes out. Also, what exactly are the two little relay thingys behind the dash display(they each have a connecter going to them)? Thanks again in advance to any help.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-12-2004, 4:07 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SORTAFAST
Alright, I took the switch apart and it seems to be free of corrosion. I can now get a high beam indicator on the dash display(which I had before the switch operation) but when I plug a light bulb in the high beam indicator goes out. Also, what exactly are the two little relay thingys behind the dash display(they each have a connecter going to them)? Thanks again in advance to any help.
one of them is the blinker relay not sure about the other. turn the blinkers on and put your ear down there to listen to the clicking noise, where its coming from is the blinker relay.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-12-2004, 4:16 PM Thread Starter

I did a search and the other relay is a starter relay. I guess neither of these would have anything to do with my problem. Would a bad ground cause this problem and if so where do I look?
post #7 of 7 Old 09-12-2004, 5:26 PM
Jay

I have been having an issue with my headlights since 01 on my 00 929.
When switching from low to high I loose my dash Highbean indicator and all three headlights.
Then they will come back on after 30sec-2minutes and stay on.
I have checked everything and even had the dealership I worked for check it out, we couldn't find anything wrong anywhere.
I rebuilt the switch and still the same thing.
I learned to live with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page