Trip meter reset itself! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-21-2004, 9:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Trip meter reset itself!

This problem has happened before on my 954 but the last time it just kinda fixed itself, let me explain the problem. This morning I went to get on my bike and head to school, I noticed trip meter A said "000.0" , as if the butten was being held down. I felt the butten to make sure it wasn't stuck in the down position and it was not, in fact if you press the button down and hold it as if you were reseting it the meter will return to normal for about 5 seconds. I pulled the rubber part of the button off to see if anything had been lodged in the button, there was not. (BTW that rubber part looks like a real pain in the ass to put back on!) THinking maybe the problem would fix itself as it has in the past I started her up and put on my gear, as the bike was idleing the meter would flash from "0.0" to "000.0" rapidly untill it finally stayed at "000.0". When I get home from classes I will see if I can blow some dust off in to the speedo from the hole where the button is. If that doesn't fix it I guess I'll pull out the speedo and see if there really is anything floating around in there. THis of course is my last choice as I find it a major pain to pull all that stuff off and then put it back... Any thought? Oh and sorry for the long post, maybe at least 1 person will read it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-21-2004, 10:21 AM

Re: Trip meter reset itself!

sounds like a problem with the cluster. They usually replace the entire unit.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-21-2004, 10:39 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to EDDIE110171

Does the clock mess up too? If so I would the battery connections. I would also try resetting it by disconnecting the battery and turn the ignition on to drain the residual out of the clock. Good luck might also just be a short.

"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."
- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-24-2004, 3:54 PM

It might be that your stator is about to go bad....I ahve the exact same problem with additional systoms throughtout the entire electrical system....my bike just wont fire up sometimes...i am also trying to get additional help from fellow members also...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page