More RPM for a 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 10-24-2004, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

More RPM for a 929

Hi,

I started a thread a few days ago on how to raise the rev limiter for a 954 thinking it would work for both the 954 and the 929 but, the cpu's are different. I got a lot of good info from you guys on jumping bit 17 -bit 20 and adding 12v Dc power but the 929 has only a 22 bit cpu. There has got to be a way to trick the computer on the 929 also. Any help? And yes I know this is going to blow up my motor. (sorry I had to add that).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-24-2004, 9:08 PM

Re: More RPM for a 929

Don't know why i even looked at this thread, but I gotta say. I think your looking in all the wrong places for your HP# hobby. first of all, why? why a 929? why again? if you knew what you were doing you would know who to contact.
post #3 of 22 Old 10-25-2004, 6:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risc32
Don't know why i even looked at this thread, but I gotta say. I think your looking in all the wrong places for your HP# hobby. first of all, why? why a 929? why again? if you knew what you were doing you would know who to contact.
Hey pal, who are you to question what I know. I came to this website to get information and talked to other guys and gals who love thier fireblades as much as I do. I have already contacted many other "professional" sources and all I got was "we don't offer that". Maybe I want my 929 to be the underdog at the dragstrip. Why do you have to have the fastest thing going to be the fastest. I would rather beat your ass in 1/4 mile on a bike with less displacement than beat you with something that is supposed to win. Is that enough answer for you. In the future don't respond with assinine remarks to one of my posts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 10-25-2004, 9:21 PM

"go fast" ideas for a 900rr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend of mine bought a '97 RR a few months ago and we want to make it go fas (er). That thing is piss slow. I think my old F2 could beat it in a race. It already has a full exhaust,jet kit, and a K&N air filter. Are there any hidden secrets to make that thing go fast? It needs it "bigtime". Thanks.

Oh Yeah, money is very limited!

"Why do you have to have the fastest thing going to be the fastest." what?
look, forget it... I don't know how you can raise the rpm limiter...good luck
post #5 of 22 Old 10-25-2004, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytooslow
Hey pal, who are you to question what I know. I came to this website to get information and talked to other guys and gals who love thier fireblades as much as I do. I have already contacted many other "professional" sources and all I got was "we don't offer that". Maybe I want my 929 to be the underdog at the dragstrip. Why do you have to have the fastest thing going to be the fastest. I would rather beat your ass in 1/4 mile on a bike with less displacement than beat you with something that is supposed to win. Is that enough answer for you. In the future don't respond with assinine remarks to one of my posts!
And how many posts is it going to take for you to get it through your head THAT YOU CAN'T ON A 929! Jeasus, why do you care what people post if your not going to listen anyways
post #6 of 22 Old 10-25-2004, 10:30 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
And how many posts is it going to take for you to get it through your head THAT YOU CAN'T ON A 929! Jeasus, why do you care what people post if your not going to listen anyways
I think people need to calm down a little bit on this topic. the guy is just asking some questions, you don't have to rip him for it. It is possible to raise the limiter but not for any money a normal person would wanna spend, the answer is a custom computer but you also either have to find one or find a place that can make one and good luck at that. The answer to the question is, its just not worth any power gain for the amount of time and money that would be spent trying to do it. It would be cheaper to put a 954 motor in the 929frame and jump the computer stuff in there.

The best way for you to make more power from it is to bore it out, put bigger higher compression pistons in it, deck, port and polish the head, add a turbo and accompanying exhaust system and intake system get a pc3r and get a good custom map made. That will give you the most possible power but is also expensive so its not what you're looking for.

The only easy/relatively cheap power adders for a bike are a jet kit for a carb bike and pc3 and custom map for a FI bike and a full exhaust system for either. other than that you're looking at a boat load coin. If you're hobby is making HP get an old 350 V8 chevy, parts are cheap and you can make tons of power.

Good luck in adding any ponies, let us know what you get when its done because we're always interested in seeing dyno numbers.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #7 of 22 Old 10-25-2004, 10:46 PM

Reputation Power: 18

if you are drag racing it bro trhen you dont want to shift it any higher than redline anyway because it will only hurt et
post #8 of 22 Old 10-25-2004, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
I think people need to calm down a little bit on this topic. the guy is just asking some questions, you don't have to rip him for it. It is possible to raise the limiter but not for any money a normal person would wanna spend, the answer is a custom computer but you also either have to find one or find a place that can make one and good luck at that. The answer to the question is, its just not worth any power gain for the amount of time and money that would be spent trying to do it. It would be cheaper to put a 954 motor in the 929frame and jump the computer stuff in there.

The best way for you to make more power from it is to bore it out, put bigger higher compression pistons in it, deck, port and polish the head, add a turbo and accompanying exhaust system and intake system get a pc3r and get a good custom map made. That will give you the most possible power but is also expensive so its not what you're looking for.

The only easy/relatively cheap power adders for a bike are a jet kit for a carb bike and pc3 and custom map for a FI bike and a full exhaust system for either. other than that you're looking at a boat load coin. If you're hobby is making HP get an old 350 V8 chevy, parts are cheap and you can make tons of power.

Good luck in adding any ponies, let us know what you get when its done because we're always interested in seeing dyno numbers.

He disnt ask how to add power, he didnt ask for build suggestions. He asked if he can raise the rpm on a 929. Twice, in two seperate posts. Every answer he has gotten is no. Yet he keeps asking, and posting bitchy replys such as "
Hey pal, who are you to question what I know. I came to this website to get information and talked to other guys and gals who love thier fireblades as much as I do. I have already contacted many other "professional" sources and all I got was "we don't offer that". Maybe I want my 929 to be the underdog at the dragstrip. Why do you have to have the fastest thing going to be the fastest. I would rather beat your ass in 1/4 mile on a bike with less displacement than beat you with something that is supposed to win. Is that enough answer for you. In the future don't respond with assinine remarks to one of my posts! " The answer to his question was answered 7 days ago in his first thread. I'm not ripping him, he just won't listen and it's getting tiresome.

Last edited by G-Force Junkie; 10-25-2004 at 11:22 PM.
post #9 of 22 Old 10-26-2004, 5:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
He disnt ask how to add power, he didnt ask for build suggestions. He asked if he can raise the rpm on a 929. Twice, in two seperate posts. Every answer he has gotten is no. Yet he keeps asking, and posting bitchy replys such as "
Hey pal, who are you to question what I know. I came to this website to get information and talked to other guys and gals who love thier fireblades as much as I do. I have already contacted many other "professional" sources and all I got was "we don't offer that". Maybe I want my 929 to be the underdog at the dragstrip. Why do you have to have the fastest thing going to be the fastest. I would rather beat your ass in 1/4 mile on a bike with less displacement than beat you with something that is supposed to win. Is that enough answer for you. In the future don't respond with assinine remarks to one of my posts! " The answer to his question was answered 7 days ago in his first thread. I'm not ripping him, he just won't listen and it's getting tiresome.
You know, it's too bad things have to get like this. All I wanted to know is how to raise the RPM on my 929. Instead of helping, you guys just want to tell me its a bad idea or that its the wrong bike to do it too. Who cares for what reasons or why? I just asked a question which is what this site is meant for. Sorry I asked. By the way, I did not get an answer 7 days ago Einstein. The 929 and the 954 have different CPU's. One is 22 bit and one is 26.
post #10 of 22 Old 10-26-2004, 3:07 PM

"Einstein", me and LTL told you on the 18th you can't do it with the stock honda ECU. I never told you it was a bad idea, I never told you it was the wrong bike. I dont give a crap why you would want to do this. I, and LTL, directaly answered your question on the 18th. Get your facts straight before quoting me.
post #11 of 22 Old 10-26-2004, 5:57 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

you guys can ignore his posts if you don't want to read them.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #12 of 22 Old 10-26-2004, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
you guys can ignore his posts if you don't want to read them.
I agree, don't tear into people for stuff like this. If you don't like the thread, don't post in it or read it. And if you do read them, don't knock him for posting it. He isn't breaking rules, I have seen MANY people post the same things here, hell, some of our favorites on this site are post whores...ahem...Bac and ND4...cough cough
post #13 of 22 Old 10-26-2004, 6:29 PM Thread Starter

I apologize to everyone that I have offended. It usually takes a lot to get me heated up. When someone tells me I don't know what I am doing it offends me when that person doesn't even know me. Once again I am sorry for asking and now I am done with it.
post #14 of 22 Old 10-26-2004, 8:45 PM

No need to pm me waytooslow. Other than dropping major coin, I and apparently others can't help you. if you still want to go that route I'm sure we could come up with names of cpu wiz kids willing to seperate you from all your money for said service.
post #15 of 22 Old 10-26-2004, 8:49 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

No need to apologize. There's lots of good info. and knowledgeable people here when it comes to 'Blades. You can't beat the advice!

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page