Track plastic question - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-24-2004, 9:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Track plastic question

To those who have track plastic on your 954, what did you do for the battery tray and associated electrical accessories mounted to the stock undertail? I can see an easy way to hack the stock battery tray/undertail that I think shoud clear the new tail...but would sure like to hear how others have handled this. Thank you in advance.

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-24-2004, 10:09 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Re: Track plastic question

Have you tried your's on yet? I didn't think mine would fit either until did a test fitting.

You may be able to leave the stock undertail which includes the battery tray in place, unless you actually want to fabricate something else. My Sharkskinz tail section fits right over it. No trimming of the stock undertail was needed.

I swap my bodywork back and forth. I don't run turn signals on the street, so I just need to unplug the taillights. I bring the harness from it's stock mounting position on the outside of the subframe to the inside, where it might escape harm in case of a crash. I tape it down with blue painters tape to the inside of the trunk to keep it from bounching around.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-24-2004, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
Have you tried your's on yet? I didn't think mine would fit either until did a test fitting.
Have to admit I haven't tried the new tail yet...
Came here for info before I started hacking...THANKS for the input!

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-26-2004, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

New tail, Cheetah brand, won't fit over the exhisting undertail...in fact it looks like I'll have to move the relays and voltage rectifier? inboard to get the new plastic on with out flexing it beyond where I feel comfortable. Suggestions anyone? Thanks again in advance for your help.

J
post #5 of 7 Old 10-26-2004, 10:04 AM

Reputation Power: 25

Oh, ok. I do have to flex the tail a bit to get it over the rectifier, but the hole in the bottom of mine allows it to go over the stock fender. Your Cheeta piece must enclose the tail more. Good luck with it.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-26-2004, 11:27 PM

I left the rectifier, But I did move All other electical to the inside of the frame. Just spread the bottom apart and it will slide over.

I did have to cut the rear part of the undertail to get it to go. Of course It is track only. If you are looking to go back and forth you will probably have to modify the new tail instead. I'll get you a pic.

Last edited by 2k2-1k; 10-26-2004 at 11:28 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-26-2004, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2-1k
I left the rectifier, But I did move All other electical to the inside of the frame. Just spread the bottom apart and it will slide over.

I did have to cut the rear part of the undertail to get it to go. Of course It is track only. If you are looking to go back and forth you will probably have to modify the new tail instead. I'll get you a pic.
A pic would be way cool...track only bike! THANKS!

J

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page